Tested my recently bought PC - few concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested my recently bought PC - few concerns

I have this type of RAM: http://www.memorybenchmark.net/ram.p...8G+8GB&id=4809

Isn't its general score too low?
    Test shows latency of 87.9 ns
    Other parameters are also around 2x worse than shown examples of 8GB 1600 DDR3 memory, except the amount of available RAM, which is normal.

2D graphics score also seems kind of low.

Processor's general score is about average, but few parameters seem low, especially physics (229.6 FPS) and prime numbers (10.8 ). The extended instructions (SSE) on the other hand seems way too high (154.5), being 2x higher than an i7-5820k shown as an example.

The recent generations of AMD CPUs do significantly worse than that the recent Intel CPUs in the memory tests so your results are not unexpected;

Latency with AMD CPUs vs Latency with Intel CPUs
    Memory read with AMD CPUs vs Memory Read with Intel CPUs

Some of the newer AMD CPUs (particularly the A8 range) are doing exceptionally well in the SSE test compared to the previous generation. We currently don't have an explanation for why and have asked AMD whether this is an anomaly or if they have made some changes that would result in improved performance in this area.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

My latency is still 20ns longer than the one of the same model provided in your chart, but maybe it depends on the type of amd cpu being used.

What about 2d graphics? I see that some people with my video card get scores similar to mine while others get way higher scores. Does it for some reason also depend on the cpu? Because I see the ones with fairly high scores usually own an intel i7.

Comment

The most likely cause of 2D score difference at the moment is that there is a known Microsoft bug that is causing slower than normal Direct2D rendering in Windows 8.

Comment

One more thing. I noticed that you and few other benchmarking softwares put r7 370 and r9 270 "into the same bracket". Now I'm not sure how similar their scores are, but I think the r7 370 is an upgraded and rebranded r7 265, and is most likely slightly weaker than the r9 270.

Comment

As far as we are aware the R9 270 shares the same device ID as the R7 370 which is how we identify the cards.

We have asked AMD for a better way to individually identify these cards (as even their own SDK does not return a useful name), along with the multitude of other new re-brands (preferably without the use of multiple levels of lookup tables) and are waiting for an answer from them.

Comment

Working...
            X