Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance Test V8 Startup causes PC to restart (BSOD?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Test V8 Startup causes PC to restart (BSOD?)

Latest version of passmark V8, causes my computer to restart when run.

Originally the computer displayed the BSOD Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area.
    Now (after a fresh install of Windows) it restarts the computer, like a power failure, without any BSOD at all. Black screen, and then reboot.

Machine Specs:
    Windows 10, x64. Quad Core Xeon E5 V2, 3.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, 500GB PCI-E SSD, Dual FirePro D500 GPU's (3GB VRAM per card). (It's a Mac Pro (2013) Built to Order, running windows in bootcamp). Have now upgraded to an LG 4k monitor but it was happening on my 1080p monitor as well.
    • Latest Bootcamp Drivers Installed
    • Fresh install of Windows 10 RTM 64
    • No other Benchmark Software causes this behaviour
    • Does not happen if ran in safe mode

I have:
    • Re-installed Passmark (If I don't after each attempt I get startup error 4)
    • Ran a memory check for 10 hours (No issues detected)
    • Wiped Windows, Re-installed on fresh partition
    • Installed only the latest relevant drivers

On running passmark, the loading screen gets to something about memory spd, and then the screen goes off and the computer re-boots. I got a friend to do a screen remove, and it seems the bit it never gets to is collecting WMI info.

The event log contains:
    • The previous system shutdown at 02:50:15 on ‎03/‎09/‎2015 was unexpected. Event ID 6008
    • The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly, Source Kernal-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Keywords (35184372088832),(2)
    • Nirsoft BlueScreenView doesn't show any BSOD's recorded.

When running in Debug Mode: Passmark Files are as follows:
    PerfTestLog:
    0.000s - DEBUG: Starting...
    0.016s - DEBUG: PerformanceTest 8.0 build 1051 64-Bit
    0.016s - DEBUG OS: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 10240 (64-bit)
    0.016s - DEBUG Path: C:\Users\1\Documents\PassMark\PerformanceTest\Perf TestLog.txt
    0.016s - DEBUG Command line: "C:\Program Files\PerformanceTest\PerformanceTest64.exe" DEBUGMODE
    0.016s - Date: 09/03/15 02:12:54
    0.016s - DEBUG: Opening splash window
    0.031s - DEBUG: Init Preferences
    0.047s - DEBUG: UTF8StringToWChar string truncated
    0.047s - DEBUG: UTF8StringToWChar string truncated

SysInfoLog
    0.000s - SysInfo: SysInfo v1.0 Build: 1109
    0.172s - SysInfo: OS1: 2 10.0.10240
    0.172s - SysInfo: OS2: 2 10.0.10240 1 0 0
    0.172s - SysInfo: Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 10240 (64-bit)

Any ideas?

There has been some known past issues with PerformanceTest running in virtual machines. This is mainly due to bugs and incomplete emulation of real hardware in the VM. You can try to turn off system information gathering (all of it or just parts) and see if it will start up. You can do so by supplying these command line flags.

Safe Mode
    The SAFEMODE flag will disable all system information gathering allowing PerformanceTest to start when there is some problem with the system information at startup.

Disable Parts of System Information Gathering ProcessThe following flags can be used to disable individual sections of the system information gathering, for faster startup or for bypassing sections that may have a problem.
    /DontGatherGraphics
    /DontGatherUSB
    /DontGatherDisk
    /DontGatherSMART
    /DontGatherMemory
    /DontGatherMemorySPD
    /DontGatherWMI
    /DontGatherSMBIOS
    /DontGatherTemperature

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I will try each of the flags in turn and see which bit is causing the problem.

My understanding of Bootcamp is that it allows you to install windows on a separate partition for dual boot, and therefore isn't a Virtual Machine as such - bootcamp itself is simply a utility which finds the correct drivers for the computer and then partitions the drive.

I was wondering if the crashing of Passmark was down to some deeper actual hardware problem, which I've been trying to seek out and destroy!

Thanks, Jem

Comment

Working...
      X