Performance Test for Linux has some Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Test for Linux has some Issues

I'm testing some Systems with new Intel Scalable 4th Gen CPUS, and run in some problems:
    - CPU Speeds not corrected correct ( from 800-2600Mhz, on a 2.0Ghz Base Clock CPU 6414U) for example
    - the commandline option -r requires sudo to be installed ( but manual mode not, WHY? ) btw im on debian 11 as root...
    - still nowhere a requirements list of software to be found ( libcurses5, libcurl )
    - how to automaticly submitt my results?
    - no -h option to list commandline parameters

we would like to automate that process of filling the db a bit more, so it would be great to se if that is possible...

And some of my testresults are not counted, because, there is some info in your Db not correct. for example, the 6448Y has 32C and 64T, so as a dual CPU setup that results in a total of 128Threads. but your DB expects 256 :/ math is not done right here

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=503635940572

Comment

Originally posted by Exellent View Post
      And some of my testresults are not counted, because, there is some info in your Db not correct. for example, the 6448Y has 32C and 64T, so as a dual CPU setup that results in a total of 128Threads. but your DB expects 256 :/ math is not done right here

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=503635940572
      Thank you. The number of cores/threads has been corrected in the database for 6448Y and charts updated.

Comment

thanks for correcting the DB, but can you tell me anything about my other problems?

Comment

- CPU Speeds not corrected correct ( from 800-2600Mhz, on a 2.0Ghz Base Clock CPU 6414U) for example
          For PerformanceTest Linux, currently the CPU Frequency is obtained from /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq. If the file is not available, then it is parsed from lscpu command.

- the commandline option -r requires sudo to be installed ( but manual mode not, WHY? ) btw im on debian 11 as root...
          I cannot reproduce this behavior (tested running on Fedora 26 not as root...). Write permission issue? Running in auto run will save the results locally in the folder where PerformanceTest is running.

- still nowhere a requirements list of software to be found ( libcurses5, libcurl )
          Check the readme.txt included in the download archive. System requirements can also be found on the download page, https://www.passmark.com/products/pt_linux/download.php​

- how to automaticly submitt my results?
          The automatic submission of results from running via command line is not supported at this time to prevent excessive results submission. Autorun will only export results to a file, it will not upload the results. To upload results, run PerformanceTest in manual mode i.e. without -r flag. Run all tests and select "Yes" when prompted to upload your results.

- no -h option to list commandline parameters
          We'll add it to the next release of PerformanceTest Linux. Currently supported command line parameters are:

-debug to enable debug logging.
          -p # (or -P #) to set the number (#) of test processes (1 to 256)
          -d # (or -D #) to set the test duration length, accepted value is 1 (SHORT), 2 (MEDIUM), 3 (LONG), 4 (VERYLONG)
          -i # (or -I #) to​ set the number of test iterations (1 to 100)
          -r # (or -R #) to enable autorun, 1 (CPU), 2 (MEMORY), 3 (ALL)

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
            I cannot reproduce this behavior (tested running on Fedora 26 not as root...). Write permission issue? Running in auto run will save the results locally in the folder where PerformanceTest is running.
            Try without sudo installed, and maybe you should try it with debian.

Check the readme.txt included in the download archive. System requirements can also be found on the download page, https://www.passmark.com/products/pt_linux/download.php​​​

your link is broken 404
            and in the readme there is no list of additional packages ( libraries) listed which are required. you have to mostly try and error them.... annoying

The automatic submission of results from running via command line is not supported at this time to prevent excessive results submission. Autorun will only export results to a file, it will not upload the results. To upload results, run PerformanceTest in manual mode i.e. without -r flag. Run all tests and select "Yes" when prompted to upload your results.

Will there be any way in the future to upload manuall runs to your DB somehow ( maybe as registered user or something like that) that would be nice ( like geekbench does it). also a way to delete wrongly uploaded test results...

Comment

Working...
            X