7950x3d freezes windows on encryption test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7950x3d freezes windows on encryption test

Hello I'm encountering an issue with cpu test with my 7950x3d, pbo enable (with CO) or not, and expo on.
    I 'm also on Asus x670e-e with bios 1303.

Encryption test is freezing my computer screen, no BSOD just the fans at full speed and screen frozeen, forced to manually shutdown with the tower button.
    Sometime it passes (1/5 times) .

With the current AMD/Asus debacle i'have made many bios updates in order to mitigate the "burn your house feature", but on bios with soc voltage uncapped 0905, it was passing the test with no issue.

What could be the root cause of the freeze? What components or feature is tested during encryption test? Could it come from a bugged bios ?

I don't encounter any freeze or bsod in games or cinebench , I have also run a corecycler with prime95 on all the cores with no issues.

Another user on reddit is having the same issue as me with 7950x3d.

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/com...assmark_bench/

Thanks.

Extremely likely this is a hardware fault, as millions of machines have run this test without fault over many years.
    Either a bad CPU or RAM, or with the config settings the system is being pushed too hard and dialling back, CPU and RAM clock speeds might bring it back to stability.

Full description of the encryption test can be found here.
    The encryption methods used in the test are used are AES, SHA256 and ECDSA. The test will make use of specialized CPU instruction sets to accelerate performance, such as AES-NI for the AES test.

Comment

Working...
    X