Sudden Low CPU Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Low CPU Mark

I updated some hardware in my computer to the specs below. I ran Passmark Performance test and was happy with the results. I then upgraded my OS hard drive to a Samsung 990 Pro, still happy with the results. Then a couple of weeks later I ran performance test again and the CPU score went from 27,725 to 23,671. I did upgrade to Performance Test 11 but I don't remember if I got 27,xxx CPU scores with the new version also. Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the breakdown of the CPU mark on the original test. Everything went down slightly as you can see (except the disk mark) but the CPU was a big drop. There have been no other hardware changes besides the disk. I went through the common reasons for pc running slowly list. According to hwinfo there is no thermal throttling occurring. The temp got to 83 for a couple of seconds during testing. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Board: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-fi)
    BIOS: 4602
    VGA: PNY RTX 3060 Ti
    PSU: Corsair RMX Series RM750x 750W 80+ Gold
    CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x
    MEM: G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8 GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
    HDD: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB, WD_Black 8TB Gaming Internal HDD - 7200 RPM, a WD 2TB Green SN350 NVMe Gen 3
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
    Keyboard: EagleTec KG011 Mechanical Keyboard - Wired
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse - Wired
    OC: graphics card
    Display: ViewSonic VX3276-2K-MHD 32 Inch Widescreen IPS 1440p, Displayport
    Case: NZXT H510i​​

Swapping the SSD should have no effect on the CPU's performance.

I wonder if you might have reset the BIOS settings and the RAM dropped out of XMP mode.

Comment

I checked that D.O.C.P is enabled.

Comment

So I bit the bullet and did a clean install of Windows 11. All is well. Wish I could have figured out what the problem was though.

Comment

Working...
        X