GPU Compute runs to no result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Jiang View Post
    ASUS S501ME (Intel® Core™ i7-13700, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™4060TI DUAL 8GB GDDR6,Intel® B760 Chipset​).

The tests run without error, however, the GPU compute mark is unavailable.
    I will attach more details later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	屏幕截图 2023-11-04 204736.png
Views:	763
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	56191

Today the GPU Compute marks apprear, maybe becauseI have updated to Windows 11, version 23H2

Comment

Update your videocard drivers if they are outdated. This GPU Compute test comprises of a set of tests that utilize Microsoft DirectCompute and OpenCL graphics APIs. You can run the individual GPU Compute tests to see which possible one is causing an issue by going to the Advanced GPU Compute Test menu option.

If the issue persists, you can send in a debug log and we can take a look.​

Comment

I have the 2023 Asus Zephyrus G14 with RTX 4090
        I updated all the drivers and bios and then installed passmark.
        It crashes on the GPU compute test.

I ran it with debugmode, and attached the logs.

I also installed the debug version and it keeps crashing when collecting all the info sensors.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't know where you found the "debug installer". But it seems like rather old software. Don't use it.

Laptop is kind of funny as it has two video cards, 8 displays connected and three versions of OpenCL (I am sure it doesn't really have 8 monitors, but that is what the operating system thinks).

Might be confusing for some games as well to know what video card to use.
          1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 12.3.99
          1.875s - VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation

1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3516.0)
          1.875s - VENDOR: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 D3D12 Implementation​
          1.875s - VENDOR: Microsoft

There are known issues with Microsoft APP OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack. The app is an emulation layer to run OpenCL code through DirectX 12 supported hardware on system that may not have OpenCL installed. However, if OpenCL is supported on the hardware natively, and the App is installed as well, it can cause duplicates entries when querying for available OpenCL devices. Can you see if you have that installed, or any other 3rd party software that might mess around with the display (e.g. streaming software, recording software, overlays, etc..)

Comment

I've asked for this feature many years ago, why not allow the user to select the video card to be used through the options menu?

I got the debug version from this thread, one of the admins posted the link.

The laptop is band new, when ever I get new hardware the first thing I do is uninstall bloatware then run passmark benchmarks.

This laptop only shows 2 display adapters
            The integrated 780m and the rtx 4090

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            I don't know where you found the "debug installer". But it seems like rather old software. Don't use it.

Laptop is kind of funny as it has two video cards, 8 displays connected and three versions of OpenCL (I am sure it doesn't really have 8 monitors, but that is what the operating system thinks).

Might be confusing for some games as well to know what video card to use.
            1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 12.3.99
            1.875s - VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation

1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3516.0)
            1.875s - VENDOR: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

1.875s - VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 D3D12 Implementation​
            1.875s - VENDOR: Microsoft

There are known issues with Microsoft APP OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack. The app is an emulation layer to run OpenCL code through DirectX 12 supported hardware on system that may not have OpenCL installed. However, if OpenCL is supported on the hardware natively, and the App is installed as well, it can cause duplicates entries when querying for available OpenCL devices. Can you see if you have that installed, or any other 3rd party software that might mess around with the display (e.g. streaming software, recording software, overlays, etc..)

Comment

So the only thing I could find is armourycrate. Which has the controls for Advanced Optimus and mux switch.
              I've tried disabling it with no success. Is there a way to disable the other open CL modules?

Comment

Good news, I uninstalled OpenGL Compatibility Pack. and it fixed the issue!

Comment

Did you install the OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack yourself? Or did the Asus Zephyrus come pre-installed like this?

Hopefully not pre-installed. As this pack it isn't required if you have a video card with OpenCL support, and this Laptop already has two perfectly good video cards. Doesn't need a third (half working emulated) video card.

As far as I can tell this compatibility pack was created just for running Photoshop on ARM CPU based laptops. (As these ARM based laptops had poor video cards and a whole bunch of compatibility issues). i.e. 99.9% of machines don't need it.

Comment

I'm having this same issue. It used to work on this laptop out of the box on 10.2 but something is causing this issue now on 11.0. All drivers are up to date too. Here's my log below of JUST running the GPU Compute test and getting the crash only.

285.312s - DEBUG: Running Test - GPU Compute
                    285.312s - Start DirectCompute test
                    285.312s - RunMandelbrotTest
                    302.203s - RunNBodyTest
                    302.203s - OnRunNbodyTest - Enter loop: CurAdapter 0 [NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU]
                    302.203s - OnRunNbody - end
                    1.375s - NbodyGravity start setup
                    1.375s - NbodyGravity call InitApp
                    1.375s - NbodyGravity call DXUTInit
                    1.375s - NbodyGravity call DXUTCreateDevice
                    2.265s - Workgroup Dims = (256 x 1)
                    2.312s - clGetPlatformIDs() success, number of OpenCL platforms found: 3
                    2.312s - Found NVIDIA CUDA
                    2.312s - PROFILE: FULL_PROFILE
                    2.312s - VERSION: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 12.3.107
                    2.312s - VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
                    2.312s - Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU
                    2.312s - Found AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
                    2.312s - VERSION: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3516.0)
                    2.312s - VENDOR: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
                    2.312s - Device 0: AMD Radeon(TM) 610M
                    2.312s - Found OpenCLOn12
                    2.312s - VERSION: OpenCL 3.0 D3D12 Implementation
                    2.312s - VENDOR: Microsoft
                    2.312s - Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU
                    2.312s - DEBUG: g_clPlatformId start
                    2.312s - DEBUG: g_clPlatformId end
                    2.312s - ClInit: clGetDeviceInfo() start
                    2.312s - CL_SUCCESS != clGetDeviceInfo()
                    2.312s - ClInit: clGetDeviceInfo() end
                    2.312s - Using Device NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU
                    2.312s - clCreateContext
                    2.390s - clCreateCommandQueue
                    2.390s - Loading NBodyGravityKernel.cl...
                    304.984s - NBodyTest - collate results
                    304.984s - NBodyTest - close handles
                    304.984s - DEBUG PERF: calc_mark_vals CPU test 1 result is 0
                    304.984s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
                    304.984s - DEBUG PERF: calc mark num3DTestRun = 4
                    304.984s - DEBUG PERF: calc mark everything
                    304.984s - DEBUG PERF: numtest < 5
                    304.984s - DEBUG PERF: num3DTestRun 0
                    305.093s - TEMP DEBUG csum 2 ok: 1
                    305.093s - TEMP DEBUG csum 3 ok: 1
                    305.109s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
                    305.109s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
                    305.125s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
                    305.125s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
                    305.156s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
                    305.156s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
                    305.203s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
                    305.203s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml

Comment

Might be the same issue. Three video card interfaces installed from three different vendors in one laptop (why???).

Can you try the same solution.
                      Uninstall the OpenGL Compatibility Pack. and then let us know.

Comment

Same issue there, i just bought a new laptop and the test was fine until a plug an external monitor to bypass Optimus, now the gpucompute test crash at nbody test the window appears then disappears. I never installed such thing as opengl compatibility pack. cheers

Comment

I never installed such thing as opengl compatibility pack
                          Doesn't mean it isn't installed. What model laptop was it?

Can you download the following zip file and extract both files (PT-NBodyGravity.exe and PerformanceTest64.exe) to the PerformanceTest's Program Files directory? Then run the PerformanceTest in debug mode to generate logs. Just run the GPU Compute test from the 3D Test Suite and send in the logs. We added some extra debug statements in the log to narrow down the location of the issue.

https://www.passmark.com/temp/PT.GPUCompute.Debug.zip

Comment

We made some changes in PerformanceTest V11 build 1009 to address the GPU Compute issues, can you try running this build:
                            https://www.passmark.com/products/pe...t/download.php

What's new
                            https://www.passmark.com/products/pe...st/history.php

And let us know how it goes.

The change adds some code to scan all the available OpenCL interfaces on the machine, but to also skip over the "OpenCLOn12" OpenGL Compatibility Pack interface when picking one to use. The OpenCLOn12 interface seems to be buggy and there are lots of other reports from other software crashing as well. Many of the bugs in OpenCLOn12 seem to have been known about for years by Microsoft but not fixed. What seems to have changed in the last couple of months is that Laptop vendors are shipping this buggy software with their laptops (for no good reason).

Comment

The laptop is a gigabytes g5 mf. Sorry the patch is no more available for me. Cheers,

Comment

Patch was moved to the public release you can get it here
                                https://www.passmark.com/products/pe...t/download.php

Comment

Working...
                                X