Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely low disk mark in 11 vs 10

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from PT10 to PT11. All scores look fine except the disk. I have a WD Blue SN570 (NVMe) and these are the scores I get:

PT10: 26721 (Seq. read: 3385, Seq. write: 1960, IOPS 32K: 2092, IOPS 4K: 81)
    PT11: 366 (Seq. read: 83, Seq. write: 32, IOPS 32K: 5.1, IOPS 4K: 0.9)

Computer specs: Asrock B550M-HDV motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 4600G, no graphics card, RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16, Windows 10 Pro 64bit latest release (22H2 - 19045.3570).

I've made sure the right drive is selected in preferences, since I'm running the test from a USB stick and at first I thought maybe that's what it was testing, but "Local drive C:" is selected. As I said all other scores are in line with what I got in PT10. Anyone else seeing something like this?

Cheers,

Cabirio

Did you try setting the Drive Under Test to another drive to see if it might PerformanceTest, while reporting C: is actually testing on a different drive? You should be able to also verify if you look in Task Manager/Resources Tab and see the disk activity is actually on drive C:

The other options are to verify the performance of the disk drive is to using the Advanced Disk Test or Advanced Drive Performance option.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Richard. Before I saw it, I run the test in another computer (an older laptop) without checking the preferences first, because that's how I've run PT9 and PT10 from a USB stick for years and it always tested C by default. When I clicked on run, I got an error to the effect of "Unit H cannot be found" (the USB was indeed unit H when I installed PT to it, but in this laptop it was G), then I went into preferences to change it, but it was already set to C (?), run it again and it worked fine this time (??).

I've just come back to the first computer and it has worked fine this time too (I checked in task manager as you suggested and it did test drive C). Note that, as I said above, the first time I got the strange result I checked preferences and it was already set to C. I suspect there's something about the USB stick installation that makes it default to it's drive letter (the one it had when PT was installed) regardless of what's set in preferences, or at least it does some times...? Again, I never had to worry about this with PT9 and PT10, so something must have changed with the USB installation in PT11...

Cheers,

Cabirio

Comment

How did you install the software onto the USB Drive?

Comment

Believe we were able to reproduce the issue, should be fixed in the next build.

Comment

Richard, I installed it in the normal way: first I installed PT11 in a computer (not the ones where I had the issue), then went to File -> Install to USB, selected licensed, done.
            Many thanks to you and Simon for your support, looking forward to the next build!

Cheers,

Cabirio

Comment

I see build 1007 is out, is the fix for this already included?

Cheers,

Cabirio

Comment

No, haven't had time as yet.

Work around is to just pick the drive you want to test from the preferences window. If in preferences its already on the drive you want to test, you would need to swap to a another drive first, then swap back

Comment

Working...
                X