Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very poor >100 D2D score while everything else is normal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very poor >100 D2D score while everything else is normal.

long time passmark user and computer builder here and never encountered this issue...

System info:
    Ryzen 7 2700
    GTX 1660 Super
    Asrock Fatal1ty x470 ITX mobo
    16 GB ram running at 3000mhz
    600W SF600 PSU

This is the results I get
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	105
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	56405
    While the 3d mark is perfectly normal:

Views:	101
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	56406
    I tested the Vram and it seems to be perfectly fine.​

Views:	121
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	56404
    I have tried several different nvidia drivers and I am out of ideas.

Any ideas?​

Despite you trying different drivers, it is very likely still a video driver issue. We have >10,000 benchmark results from the 1660 and none seem this bad.

Did this machine have any other CPUs or GPUs installed in it in the past? Maybe you have some older drivers from some other card / CPU still installed?

Did the test visually look like it was running on the screen at a reasonable speed?

Post a debug log of you want. It might contain something interesting

Comment

Its a fresh build and I used DDU between changing the drivers. I will work on that debug log today. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

PS: No the test did not visually look right. It looked terrible, especially the Direct 2D part.

Comment

Originally posted by bones2 View Post
          long time passmark user and computer builder here and never encountered this issue...

System info:
          Ryzen 7 2700
          GTX 1660 Super
          Asrock Fatal1ty x470 ITX mobo
          16 GB ram running at 3000mhz
          600W SF600 PSU

This is the results I get
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	17 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	56405
          While the 3d mark is perfectly normal:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	17 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	56406
          I tested the Vram and it seems to be perfectly fine.​
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	21 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	56404
          I have tried several different nvidia drivers and I am out of ideas.

Any ideas?​
          Hi, do you have the framerate limited in the nVidia control panel? (the two last options in the 3D settings).
          I was having a hard time with the same issue and, in my case, it seems that was caused both by the driver of the integrated GPU (this isn't your case), and because I had the FPS limitation set.
          The thing is I only set the limitation in the global 3D config of the nVidia control panel, and left it disabled in the app specific 3d settings for PerformanceTest, but it seems that it was being applied anyway (in fact, any kind of vsync can affect the scores).

EDIT: You can notice it easily, only take a look at the FPS in the main app screen, where you see the rotating mainboard. In my case I was getting 170 FPS (the rafresh rate set in the screen at that moment), and after changing that, I'm always over 3k FPS. The score in 2D climbed from 200 pts. to 1.200, and so did the 3D one.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by Broquen; Dec-27-2023, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broquen View Post

Hi, do you have the framerate limited in the nVidia control panel? (the two last options in the 3D settings).
            I was having a hard time with the same issue and, in my case, it seems that was caused both by the driver of the integrated GPU (this isn't your case), and because I had the FPS limitation set.
            The thing is I only set the limitation in the global 3D config of the nVidia control panel, and left it disabled in the app specific 3d settings for PerformanceTest, but it seems that it was being applied anyway (in fact, any kind of vsync can affect the scores).

EDIT: You can notice it easily, only take a look at the FPS in the main app screen, where you see the rotating mainboard. In my case I was getting 170 FPS (the rafresh rate set in the screen at that moment), and after changing that, I'm always over 3k FPS. The score in 2D climbed from 200 pts. to 1.200, and so did the 3D one.

Hope this helps.

unfortunately if this is the setting you are talking about its set to off

Views:	75
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	56436

Also, the little rotating mobo at the start is at about 2000 fps so doesn't seem to be the same issues

Views:	73
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	56437

Comment

WELL... I've done nothing but seems like its working better all of a sudden...

Views:	71
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	56439

no explanation... but I guess I'll take it

Comment

Magic !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X