Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D test cache issues

Hi,

I'm having some issues running Passmark 11 from a USB stick. I have a script that copies over the Passmark files from a USB stick to C:\setup\apps\PerformanceTest11 and then runs the tests.

Everything but the GPU Compute test will complete as normal but I don't get a 3D score because the GPU Compute will exit after the first test.

I turned on debug mode and re-ran and it looks like Passmark is trying to go to the default location on the C drive to access the 3D cache file when it is actually saving the files in the correct location (in this case C:\setup\apps\PerformanceTest11\AppData\Chart Data\).

Here is a section of the PerfTestLog.txt log -

77.594s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    77.594s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    77.594s - GetChartDataFromCache - failed to open cache file
    77.609s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    77.609s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    77.609s - GetChartDataFromCache - failed to open cache file
    77.609s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    77.609s - GetChartDataFromCache - failed to open cache file
    77.625s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - failed to open cache file
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    77.625s - GetChartDataFromCache - failed to open cache file​

I copied the g3dRating & G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE folders over from "C:\setup\apps\PerformanceTest11\AppData\Chart Data" to "C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Cha rt Data" and now I get these errors instead -

72.156s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.156s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    72.156s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.203s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.203s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    72.203s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.219s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.219s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    72.219s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.219s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.235s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.235s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    72.235s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.250s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.250s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\g3dRating\all.xml
    72.250s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.250s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.281s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.281s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    72.281s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed
    72.297s - GetCommonApplicationDataFolder: C:\ProgramData
    72.297s - GetChartDataFromCache - C:\ProgramData\PassMark\PerformanceTest11\Chart Data\G3D_DIRECTCOMPUTE\all.xml
    72.297s - GetChartDataFromCache - llSecsDiff > ALL_CHART_DATA_UPDATE_INTERVAL_SECS - failed​

We support installation of PerformanceTest to a hard drive.
    We also support a portable installation on a USB drive.

But if you want to home brew some custom hybrid install, then we don't support it.
    If you want it installed on C:\ drive just do a normal install to C:\Program Files\.

My guess at what is happening is that the code detects if it is in a portable scenario by looking at the drive type. If it is running from a removable drive, it looks for all the files on that removable drive. If it detects it is running from a fixed HDD then it looks for the files in their normal install locations. I would need to spend a couple of hours look through the code and testing to be sure, which we don't plan on doing unless there was significant customer demand for some 3rd install option.

Comment

Working...
    X