Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the CPU difference affect the 3D Mark results of the same GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the CPU difference affect the 3D Mark results of the same GPU?

Hello friends,

Today I watched a review of the ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti Super on YouTube. The review system uses a Ryzen 9 7950x3D processor.

The 3D Graphics Mark result of this system is 42833.

YouTube Video (Minute 7:45)

I have a Palit JetStream RTX 4070 Ti Super GPU. I have a Ryzen 7 5800x3D as a processor. My 3D Graphics Mark result was 32287.

Is it normal to have a difference of 10 thousand points? As far as I can tell from MSI Afterburner, this test is not 100% focused on pure GPU performance, but also takes into account the performance of the CPU. Could these two processor differences cause a 10k point difference?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/g...+SUPER&id=4980 Looking at the average result on this page, I see that my GPU is above average, but the video I mentioned above confused me.

​Thinking there might be a problem with my video card, I ran different tests. The tests I ran seem to be consistent with other RTX 4070 Ti Super results. For example, in RTX 4070 Ti Super reviews on the internet, the average 3DMark - Time Spy result is 24200. My GPU scored 24158 points. As a result of these researches, my concerns are reduced, but not completely over.

I need your comments and technical analysis on this subject. Thank you very much.​

Is it normal to have a difference of 10 thousand points?
    No. Not unless there is something wrong (or very special) about the machine.

As far as I can tell from MSI Afterburner, this test is not 100% focused on pure GPU performance, but also takes into account the performance of the CPU
    All 3D also uses some CPU time. But at lower resolution and reduced scene complexity the CPU is more important. DirectX9 test is most CPU dependant. DirectX12 and GPU Compute are least CPU dependant.

The results in that video are very high. Way above the average for that card. Off the charts high in fact. Don't know why. Good CPU and RAM obviously helps, but maybe there was some overclocking as well?

Your results are around the average.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

No. Not unless there is something wrong (or very special) about the machine.

All 3D also uses some CPU time. But at lower resolution and reduced scene complexity the CPU is more important. DirectX9 test is most CPU dependant. DirectX12 and GPU Compute are least CPU dependant.

The results in that video are very high. Way above the average for that card. Off the charts high in fact. Don't know why. Good CPU and RAM obviously helps, but maybe there was some overclocking as well?

Your results are around the average.
      I'm relieved to know that my RTX 4070 Ti Super is average according to the data you have. As you said, there is a certain amount of CPU influence in the Passmark test, but the results in this video are anomalous.

The fact that you recognize that the results in the video are anomalous lowers the credibility of the video. The game performances in the video are also above normal. I guess, as you say, there is an overclocking factor not mentioned in the video. Or maybe the CPU and RAM in the video are better than my system and that made the difference. For example, the system in the video has 6600MHz DDR5 RAM. My RAM is 3600MHz DDR4.

But the score difference is still very high. The YouTuber may have shared images of results from different devices or manipulated the data. Anything is possible.

At the end of the day, based on the average RTX 4070 Ti Super data you have, my GPU has definitely achieved a normal result / score with no problems, right? That's enough for me to know. I just wanted to make sure that my video card is trouble-free.

As I mentioned above, my graphics card has also exactly the same score with other benchmark softwares (3DMark Time Spy, Unigine 2 Superposition, etc). There is a big difference only in this video.

Thank you for your response and the time you have given me.​

Comment

Working...
      X