Comparability of different version baselines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparability of different version baselines

I'd been using PT v9 for a long time. I have a spreadsheet where I record scores for various machines with various configurations. I purchased an upgrade to v11 and would like to start using it but I'm wondering if the scores are/should be comparable or if there was a recalibration b/w v9 v10 and v11.

I just performed a test on a newly setup machine using v9 and v11. Most of the component scores are very similar between v9 and v11 but I noticed that the 2D score is much lower when testing with v11 and that the overall score is also significantly lower.

I've re-run the 2D test several times with the same result

Is this expected behavior and any advice on how to compare 2 machines where the scores are from v9 and v11?

Thanks!

You can find a list of changes between versions here
    https://www.passmark.com/products/pe...st/history.php

We try and scale the "Mark" values to be the similar across releases. But the individual tests have changed significantly in some cases.

V10 in the 2D test suite added a vector graphics rendering test and a PDF rendering test. It also increased the size of the test window to 1920x1080 to load the video card more. We also started to use DirectX11 for some of the 2D rendering. So pretty big changes to made it more modern and relevant current PC usage.

Maybe you are using Windows 7? Unfornately Windows 7 doesn't support some of this new stuff. So it makes Win7 look pretty bad as it is missing so much functionality.

It is much better to compare V11 to V11 when possible, and V10 to V10, etc..

Comment

Working...
    X