Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX 12 issue with RTX 3080

Hi,

This RTX 3080 scores seems fine on everything except a very poor DX12 performance for some reasons. Everything is up to date on the computers and nothing is different from what I usually do testing/benching PCs with performance test. Any clue?

Thanks for your time​

Click image for larger version

Name:	RTX_3080_DX12.png
Views:	174
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	57161

What's the monitor resolution you are running at?
    What is the refresh rate of the monitor?
    What CPU is in the machine?
    If you run the test several times are the results consistent?
    Are you running with a completely default set of device driver settings?

Comment

Some context : I use PerformanceTest to test PCs/parts I buy from marketplaces. I always clean install Windows before testing. Specifically here running Windows 11 Home, latest BIOS, updates and nvidia drivers.

FullHD 1920x1080 (I get the penalized score for FHD in DX12)
      What is the refresh rate of the monitor?
      60Hz
      What CPU is in the machine?
      I7-11700KF which score appropriately
      If you run the test several times are the results consistent?
      The results has not been consistent ranging from 20k to the attached picture latest and highest 24k which was my best score after cleaning dust off the gpu port. Did not bench multiple time since and could report back but the DX12 score has been very consistent at the showed attached picture around 65 fps.
      Are you running with a completely default set of device driver settings?​
      Default and up to date windows 11 home and drivers yes. Maybe not related but I was not able to enable resizable bar. Everything is compatible/setup properly but GPUZ show that the bios resizable bar is not enabled even if it is.

Comment

FullHD 1920x1080 (I get the penalized score for FHD in DX12)​
        I think this is likely the most significant issue. It is a 4K test meant to be run at 3840 x 2160 resolution.
        The penalty is meant to keep the score comparable when the test is run at lower resolutions, but the penalty scaling isn't (and can't be) perfect. i.e. the penalty is deliberately on the slightly high side to stop people gaming the benchmark by running at for example 800x600.

Comment

Tested all 3d with 4k monitor, the directx 12 score outperformed at 114 fps but directx 9 took a hit to 188 fps. Final score was 24140 which is 5% less than the average. Went back to 1080p and the result were the same as original attached picture. I assume at this point that you were correct and that the card is working as intended. Please follow up if you have tips or anything else to add and otherwise thanks for your help !

Comment

Working...
          X