2D and 3D tests failing to complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D and 3D tests failing to complete

I've had issues like this in the past, but it seems a tad worse now. I'd have to try to run the module tests a few times to try to screenshot the error messages... I have uninstalled the programs a couple times, and tried to make sure all vestiges are gone, as in the registry (I use revouninstaller.com) The PC basic spec's: Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080Ti. Gigabyte X570 Master mb, 64 gb ram, 3 installed 2 tb fast NVMe drives. In the past, I've had PM 11 scores of about 1100-2d and 28,000 to 31000 --3d. I test the GPU stock and with a couple overclock setting. Cinebench R24 usually completes when overclocked.. sometimes Furmark or unigene Superposition don't. It's been a while since I achieved the high PM scores, and don't recall if I tried Furmark or Superpoosition at those times. The highest geekbench scores have been way above the stock scores, but that programs doesn't stress the GPU a smuch, and I have noted that the higher scores aren't always stable in other bench tests.

As of today, I've uninstalled PM 11 and have the same symptoms with PM 10. The attachment includes some tests from today... the PM and geekbench scores are older. (Both PM 11 and 10 have thrown errors even with the GPU set to stock.

Here's a couple of the best PM scores: https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=206651064681 https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=206998411943

I have all the latest drivers.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

2D and 3D tests failing to complete
    I had a look at the results you linked to. Plus the screen shot.
    They all seem to show the 2D and 3D tests running OK. There doesn't seem to be any error messages.
    So I am a bit confused by your post.

Overclocking can definitely lead to system instability however.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

I had a look at the results you linked to. Plus the screen shot.
      They all seem to show the 2D and 3D tests running OK. There doesn't seem to be any error messages.
      So I am a bit confused by your post.

Overclocking can definitely lead to system instability however.

Yes. Those were successful tests The attachment was current tests but the PM 11 one was old.

But I isolated the problem, which was brought to my attention with notifications that several 3DMark tests wouldn't run properly until I went to nvidia control panel and turned V sync off. Done... and PM 10 just scored 31016 in 3d and 8908 overall---- I've had higher, but it seems the C drive, a fast Gen 4 NVME is scoring less than half what it does in Crystal Disk mark. And far below where it has scored in PM 10.2 in the past.

Edit-- re-installed 11.. 3D tests still buggy or crashing... First test was with an overclocked GPU, same as in PM 10. 2nd test (stock, no OC) Mandel fine at over 700 ffps. fractals ~1800 fps particles over 500 crashed PM 11 Direct x 9, 10, 11 completed but w/0 fps.. and 9 stuttered. Message --unexpected error number -2005270523
      Last edited by rbtree11; Jun-11-2024, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I don't know if this file is a result of one of the crashes. I couldn't read the entire note, but it said to zip a file, which I don't seem to be capable of doing.
        Attached Files

Comment

I got the 3D test to complete twice, but at ~22,500 and 23,000, way below the 30k level. The 2D scores remain way low at about 750. Still with artifacts on DirectX 9 and "0 frame rate" showing on some tests

Comment

You seem to have half a dozen different random problem.
            This isn't a software bug. It is a hardware failure (or too much overclocking).

Turning V-Sync on or off doesn't provoke a software bug or directly cause/fix a crash.
            What it does do is change the load on the card (probably by a lot) and without the load maybe the card is more stable.

Comment

Working...
            X