Graphics 2D - Image Rendering vs 2D Graphics - Image Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics 2D - Image Rendering vs 2D Graphics - Image Rendering

Does anyone know what the difference in output naming convention in the results output?

In about 4% of the time, we see "Graphics 2D - Image Rendering" used as the output naming convention and the rest of the time "2D Graphics - Image Rendering" is being used. Can Passmark developers give any insight on when this naming convention is changed?

Is there a difference in what these 2 naming conventions mean or are they just the same?

We have only speculation and data that shows Windows 8.1 being the deciding factor but we are not definitely sure that this is the only case.

In about 4% of the time....
    Where are you seeing the two versions of this text (in what window, or in what file)?
    Are you comparing the same versions of the PerformanceTest software?

I don't think there is any difference.

Comment

Hi, David.

We're always using PerformanceTest 7.0 build 1013. We always run Tests->Graphics 2D->All, and when they're complete we copy the results with Edit->Copy->Copy current tabs results as text.

Most of the time, we get a metric:

2D Graphics - Image Rendering
      This Computer 463.3

but sometimes we get what appears to be the same metric but differently named:

Graphics 2D - Image Rendering
      This Computer 379.8

We haven't quite figured out what conditions cause the metric name change. It seems to happen more often with Windows 8.1 than Windows 7, but it's only a low percentage in either case (but enough to be confusing).

Comment

We haven't seen that before, bit I don't think it is significant (i.e. I would be surprised if it effected the benchmark results).

We no longer support V7.

You might like to try V9 beta instead.
        http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...eTest-9-0-Beta

Comment

Thanks David for the response.

Thanks we will look in to V9 beta.
          On a side note, are there any plans to create a more extensive graphics 2D test to exercise the WDDM functionality like the old Winbench 99 did for GDI? There are currently extensive 3D benchmarks for DirectX and OGL but nothing extensive for 2D on the market that fully test WDDM. It would be great if Passmark could fill that void.

Comment

V9 adds some testing of DirectWrite. But we have no plans at the moment to further extend the 2D testing.

Comment

Working...
            X