• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance test with USB attached

Hello

Small question

I ran performance test on 33 identical units

One of them had a very bad Disk Mark.

Does the attached usb disk cause an issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	35289

Because it was the unit with the attached usb that had very low rating in Sequential Read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	35291

Best regards
    Attached Files

If another program or other activity was using the disk during the disk test, it can affect the results. Have you tried running the test again on the bad machine?

Also verify that the "Drive under test" under "Edit->Preferences" is correctly set to the correct drive.

Another option to see if this was just an anomaly is to use Advanced Disk Test option to further troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

Only Performance Test was executing.

Sadly the computer is not in my possesion anymore, so I cannot rerun the test.

But I was more curious regarding the cheap USB pen which was attached during the test. All other disk results were fine, besides the "Sequential Read"
      - Could the usb pen influence this test?

I did not check the "Drive under test", but isn't C: the default chosen drive?

Best regards

Comment

Unfortunately you do not have the system to test again. It could be just an one-off situation.

Only Performance Test was executing.
        While this may be the case. It could also very well some background services was running as well, e.g as Windows Update downloading or Anti Virus scanning.

Could the usb pen influence this test?
        No. Even if the program is running off the USB drive, the software application resides in your system memory after executing. So unless the disk test is testing the USB drive itself, it should not be issue.

I did not check the "Drive under test", but isn't C: the default chosen drive?
        I believe the User AppData directory (typically the same drive as where the OS is installed) is the default location of the disk test.

Comment

Thank you very much for the clarification

Good day

Best regards

Comment

Working...
          X