Large RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large RAM

I have installed 4 pieces of 1GB ram, but why the baseline infomation only shows total physical memory of 3325MB ram?

Memory - Allocate Small Block2314.7Memory - Read Cached1850.1Memory - Read Uncached1799.4Memory - Write1720.8Memory - Large RAM1020.7

How can i deduce from the result what type of ram i have? For example DDR 800?

If you are purchasing RAM, then normally you would be aware of the type of RAM you purchased. If you look at the part number on the RAM chips and Google it, then you'll get a lot of details.

You can also get a fair amount of detail from most BIOS's.

There is no easy way to go from the benchmark result and guess the RAM spec's.

Does your motherboard support 4GB of RAM?

Comment

Mushkin has a nice program.

Mushkin has a nice program you can run on their website or download to find lots of info for the memory on your computer.

Go:

http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/advisor/

and select one of the two options.

For my computer, it identified motherboard make/model, the maximum amount of memory supported by the motherboard, the number of memory slots, the maximum amount of memory supported by each slot, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joshualai View Post
        I have installed 4 pieces of 1GB ram, but why the baseline infomation only shows total physical memory of 3325MB ram?
        I'm guessing that you are running a 32-bit version of Windows XP. The maximum address space for XP is 4 megabytes, but that includes video RAM and any other device RAM as well as the system RAM. That means that with 4 megabytes of system RAM, the amount that XP can actually use is 4 megabytes minus the amount of video RAM.

Mike
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X