Poor 2D mark graphcis performance with Vista Transformation Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor 2D mark graphcis performance with Vista Transformation Pack

I have a 7600gt graphic card along with PentiumD 925(3.0Ghz) but I got only 215 on 2dmark. Is this acceptable?

Note: I bought the entire computer just 3 weeks ago.

Specs:
    WindowsXP(WIN32) Professional Sp2
    DirectX9.0C
    Hitachi 160Gb 8Mb
    DDR2 SDram PC5300(667Mhz)512X2
    MOBO=GA-965P-DS3
    PerformanceTest 6.1
    2dmark=215
    3dmark=66
    Last edited by Sagittaro; Apr-21-2007, 04:33 AM.

We keep a database of over 5000 benchmark results that you can compare your result to. (You need to purchase PerformanceTest before downloading these baseline files however). Plus there are a few free baseline files included in the eval version of the software.

We also have graphs showing the CPU benchmark results from more than 10,000 systems.

But at a quick look the results make me think your 2D and 3D results are on the low side for that graphics card.

Comment

Tell me, Passmark,do I have the right to claim for warranty from the vendor.If I do, what is the procedure?

I compared my results with other baselines and discovered that I am just a little better than riva nvidia tnt2(a kinda lousy video chipset) and even ati mobility fireGL3100 surpasses me!

I am very upset now

Comment

You should try a few things, like installing the latest video card device driver before getting too upset.

Comment

Thank you, Passmark.But that graphic card(despite it is not as good as 8X00 XXX series) is still new(age=3 weeks).How could you expect me not to upset. Besides, my pocket is empty already.Sigh..

Comment

The Resurrection of 7600GT

Hooray! My graphic card back to normal again.This happens after I reformat my computer. I thought that the reason for the low performance was that Vista Transformation Pack (VTP). This should help Passmark or other members to solve related issue.Thanks be to God! Alleluia!

Comment

It is no surprise that software like the Vista Transformation Pack lowers the graphics performance of your system. Software like the VTP is only for the brave in my opinion. Computers are already unreliable enough, without adding software like this on top.

I will change the topic of the post in order that other people will find this post more easily.

Comment

Nvidia doesn't play well with Passmark

I too have had very very odd 2D and 3D Graphics Mark results with my 8800 GTS using Passmark as well as several other PCs. I used the Passmark Performance on several PCs and now ignore the Graphics results as they are generally wildly inaccurate. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Passmark is at fault, all I know is MY running the tests show no relavance to the card's performance.
                Last edited by Cyberdactyl; May-29-2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

The problem with the 8800 is just that NVidia released a bad bunch of device drivers. Just like they have been doing for the last 8 years. They just get their device driver stable, then they bring our new hardware and mess things up again. We believe the PerformanceTest results reflect the performance of the card (with the possible exception of a couple of specific games where NVidia made to effort to optimise their drivers for that specific game).

The original problem and subsequent solution in this post had really nothing to do with NVidia cards. It was a problem with the 3rd party Vista Transformation Pack software. And PerformanceTest correctly flaged that the performance was very poor when running this 3rd party package.

Comment

Working...
                  X