Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Questions/Suggestions

Hello. I have downloaded the trial version of TestLog V3.0
    I planning on purchasing it, but I have a few questions about the software.

1) Is there a way to "Run" a test suite in the project test section?
    For example, I right click on a test suite and click "Run" and the edit dialog pops up on the first test case. When I pass this test case, it automatically pulls up the dialog for the next test case.

2) Is there a way to Hide fields I'm not using in the test case editor? (Windows not web)

3) Is there a way to "Find" test cases by entering a search term, and an entire list of cases containing my search term comes up rather than finding each test case one by one?

and if not, are these features that are planned to be implemented in the future?

Thank you!

Also there's something I consider to be a bug, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen. When you open a test case in the test case list (not in the tree, in the right pane) by double clicking it, when you hit OK after making no changes, it moves the test case to the top of the list regardless of how you're sorting the records.
    Last edited by LerkHern; Jun-27-2007, 07:38 PM. Reason: found a bug

Currently there isn't a way of cycling though test cases and automatically open the next one. It's something we're looking at adding to the web version at some time.

No, not in the standalone windows version. The edit dialog is a static object except for the renamable notes fields (which can only be renamed, not removed). There currently aren't any plans to make fields removable from the edit dialogs.

There isn't a way to display a list of test cases using a find term, other than creating a list report using a filter if your find term was going to be restricted to one of the fields available in the filters.

Thanks for reporting the list issue, i can reproduce the same behaviour so it should be fixed in the next build

Comment

Hello Tim,

I think the second issue (customizable TestCase Dialog) could be very important for many users.
      I love TestLog because it is the easiest to use Test management system. But it has also some limitations which we worked around in our company.
      We only use some of the fields from the Dialog and I ofter hear from the team that it is not very intuitive to have so many "obsolete" fileds in the dialog.

I would appreciate if it would be possible to customize the TestCase dialog (hide some fileds, rename all fields and so on)
      It would be great to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Christian

Comment

Making the dialog fully customisable would require a fair amount of development work, it's something we'd probably look at in the future for a major update, but certainly not something we're looking at adding in the short term.

If you'd like to discuss the possibility of PassMark doing some custom development to TestLog to include it you can email me at timr [at] passmark [dot] com.

Comment

Working...
        X