Need help on web setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on web setup

we are having an issue when we go to webserver/testlog/TestLogCGI.cgi it opens the document, instead of opening a webpage.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'd suggest the following for Apache;

make sure the cgi module is loaded
    Code:
    LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
    ScriptAlias is setup to your cgi-bin directory
    Code:
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    To run the cgi would need to be in the cgi-bin directory or a subdirectory of it.

Optionally to make it executable from directories other than cgi-bin you need to un comment the AddHandler section;

Code:
    # AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
    # actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
    # or added with the Action directive (see below)
    #
    # To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
    # (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    and as it says in the comments add the ExecCGI option to a Directory section in the config for the folder you want it to run in.

Comment

Should we install IIS also for test log webaccess? I have done the changes specified above and not able to access via web..please help me

Comment

Apache is easier to configure than IIS (in our opinion). So if you don't currently use IIS or Apache, then I would use Apache instead of IIS.

If you have installed Apache and still have a problem after following the installation steps in the users guide (reproduced in Tim's post above), then please get back to us with the specific details of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          Apache is easier to configure than IIS (in our opinion). So if you don't currently use IIS or Apache, then I would use Apache instead of IIS.

If you have installed Apache and still have a problem after following the installation steps in the users guide (reproduced in Tim's post above), then please get back to us with the specific details of the problem.
          It is really iritating to setup web interface process.
          I have done the above steps as specified and followed with respect to user guide.
          Please check my stpes below and let me know if any mistakes.
          1)I have installed Apach HTTP Server software.
          2)Copied TestLogCGI.cgi and cgiconfig.cfg files into cgi bin directory as below.
          D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin
          3)Created TestLog directory and copied the above files in httpd directory.(Should we create TestLog directory in(D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs) htdocs or under cgi bin directory. Here I have created directory in htdocs and copied cgiconfig and TestLogCGI files.
          Note: I have doubt here that where should we copy these files either in cgi bin directory or htdocs folder.
          4)I have done the changes as specified in this topic too.

But I am not able to access via web. Please give me more instructions to access via web. My Apache server is running and I am able to see default page and folders too.

Please help me

Comment

The TestLogCGI.cgi and cgiconfig.cfg files must be in the same folder. This folder must be the the Apache folder that has been configured to run CGI scripts. So normally this is CGI-BIN folder.

Normally you would only have a single copy of the TestLogCGI.cgi and cgiconfig.cfg files. (NOT multiple copies of them in different folders).

You need to edit the cgiconfig.cfg file as per the users guide. In particaular the cgiconfig.cfg file tells the TestLogCGI.cgi where to find the Testlog database(s). The Testlog folder can really be in any location under the web webserver.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
              The TestLogCGI.cgi and cgiconfig.cfg files must be in the same folder. This folder must be the the Apache folder that has been configured to run CGI scripts. So normally this is CGI-BIN folder.

Normally you would only have a single copy of the TestLogCGI.cgi and cgiconfig.cfg files. (NOT multiple copies of them in different folders).

You need to edit the cgiconfig.cfg file as per the users guide. In particaular the cgiconfig.cfg file tells the TestLogCGI.cgi where to find the Testlog database(s). The Testlog folder can really be in any location under the web webserver.
              Thanks for clarification. Now I am getting the below error and verified that TestLog folder exists in cgi-bin. Please let me know your valuable reply for this. Thanks in Advance.

Unable to open template Default from D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin\TestLog. Please check folder is in the correct location on the server and has read permissions.

Comment

Please reply when we will get the folowing error.

"Unable to open template Default from D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin\TestLog. Please check folder is in the correct location on the server and has read permissions".

I have verified that folders are exists in the above path.

Comment

The template folder contains the HTML template files used to display test cases and other data in the desktop version of Testlog and the web interface version of Testlog. If you have installed the desktop version of Testlog to it's default location then you can find this folder here,

C:\Program Files\TestLog\templates

So you need to find the location of this templates folder on your system and update the web configuration file so that the TEMPLATEABS entry points to this folder.

Comment

Thanks for your clarification. There was some problem with location of templates. TEMPLATEABS should be absolute path and I have modified as C:\Program Files\TestLog and it is working fine.

Once again thanks for your great and kind support.

Comment

Working...
                    X