progress report showing wrong values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progress report showing wrong values?

the numbers for status reports and progress reports does not match up. I'm not sure exactly what the progress report is supposed to display, but i would think it's daily updates of the current test pass, based on either last update time or last attempt time.

Either way, the numbers we are seeing for our reports seem way off. here's what we are seeing:
    We have a total of about 260 test cases (which is up from the beginning of the test pass, where there were about 240 test cases)
    the number of 'not yet attempted' test cases peaked at around 420 test cases, and is currently at 257, where the actual number of 'NYA' test cases is 36.
    The number of 'Passed' test cases is reporting 175, but is actually 152
    the number of 'major bugs' is 23, but is actually 17
    minor bugs is 61, but is actually 42
    postponed & blocked are 7 and 0, but actually are both 0
    invalid are 14, but actually 13.

actual numbers came from the status report for today, as did the progress report numbers. What really confuses me is how we can have so many more 'not yet attempted' test cases than we actually have test cases. Maybe i just don't get how the progress reports are supposed to work.

i should note that a lot of these test cases have changed status over our test pass. Mostly they have been moving from blocked/major/minor bugs to pass, but i'm sure some other statuses have been changed as well.
    Last edited by pbrooks; Aug-14-2007, 10:32 PM.
Working...
X