HTML view missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML view missing

The HTML view of the test cases has stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

The message displayed is as follows:
    TestLog: Couldn't load template file - Please select a template to use from the Display Style option under the Edit menu (TestLog standalone) or the Configuration link (TestLog CGI)
    On attempting these suggestions, the HTML view still does not appear.

If this is for the standalone version of TestLog please check that the Templates folder exists in the directory where TestLog is installed and that it has read permissions for the user running TestLog.

If this if for the web access version please check that the templates folder has read permissions for the User the web server is running as and that the templates folder is referenced correctly in the ":TEMPLATEABS:" tag of the CGI config file.

Comment

I shouldve specified that this is the standalone application.

Under the testlog install folder, there appeared to be two folders - templates and templates(2).

The templates folder contained Classic, Default, Executive and Simple - however all of these were empty.

The templates(2) folder contained the same folders as templates, appended by (2) (eg. Classic(2)). These folders were populated by files.

Copying the files from the (2) folders to the templates locations, the html view reappeared.

It should also be noted, that other folders that appeared with (2) appended, with the original empty, included CGI, Help, images and SampleDB.

The folders are datestamped from a date in September from when I had to uninstall and reinstall testlog, to diagnose a logmein crashing issue as documented elsewhere on the forum.

Comment

I can't say why all the copies of folders were there, it sounds like the contents of the folder was copy/pasted or the result of copying the files in Vista but selecting the "move, but keep both files" option. It would definitely explain the templates being unable to be loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
          I can't say why all the copies of folders were there, it sounds like the contents of the folder was copy/pasted or the result of copying the files in Vista but selecting the "move, but keep both files" option. It would definitely explain the templates being unable to be loaded.
          Im on XP (wont touch vista with a bargepole! ). I was not copying or pasting, the timestamps on the folders were from a date on which I had an issue with testlog and uninstalled and resintalled it (the web based log me in session causing testlog to crash the date of which I can remember as I was working from home due to an appointment).

I can't seem to replicate this, uninstalling and reinstalling the folders do not append with (2), so this may be one of those unreproducables. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Thanks for your help Tim.

Comment

Working...
          X