Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

Hi all,
    Can you please help me with an issue. When i start testlog app which is in a shared directory, i get this pop-up erroe Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author. This does not happen if i try to open the testlog by doing a Remote desktop Connection into the somputer that hosts testlog.

History behind this issue: One of the users had used a more recent version of testlog to open a testcase. So if anyone else opened it, it gave a version mismatch error. So i removed all the other versions of the DB except one. But now this error.

Please respond with your views.

LP5 normally means that the package is corrupt. This can happen as a result of a bad download or malware on your PC.

There are also some reports on the web that this error can be provoked by bugs in 3rd party software.

We also had another user with this issue some time back. See,
    http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549
    and
    http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1300

So after reading the post above and making sure you don't have the same issue, try downloading the package from our web site again.

Comment

Since i am planning to install the software again - Can i install the new version and still have my license applied to it. I am currently using a Registered version 3.0 (1009) Win32. If i download the latest version, can i migrate my license to it. If so, do i need to follow any specific steps.

Comment

If you install a newer version it will still use your currently installed licence (unless there has been a licence change such as between major versions, which isn't the case here).

Comment

Working...
        X