No announcement yet.

Retrieving a bug when more than one exists generates An exclusive lock error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving a bug when more than one exists generates An exclusive lock error

I thought it best to start a new thread with this question, after posting to Samantha's question ... sorry if I muddied things on your post!

I have referenced two bugs against a test case and when I try to view either of them the following error is generated by the application I log my defects in: An exclusive lock could not be acquired for this item. Please try again later.

This does not occur when I have only one bug logged in a test case; I opened the other applications web interface fine, saved the bug report and could view it fine from Test Log. I then used the 'Add' function, raised the bug, entered the new bug ID in to Test Log, closed the other app's browser window and tried to view the bug from the link in Test Log. This is when the error occurs.

Below is the log from Windows Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: Web Event
    Event ID: 1309
    Date: 03/11/2007
    Time: 00:11:25
    User: N/A
    Computer: MACHINE
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 03/11/2007 00:11:25
    Event time (UTC): 03/11/2007 00:11:25
    Event ID: 22e7420b24ac4a3db04c89ce433ebf01
    Event sequence: 26
    Event occurrence: 5
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/OnTime2008Web-4-128385183536875000
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /OnTime2008Web
    Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\OnTime2008Web\
    Machine name: MACHINE

Process information:
    Process ID: 2992
    Process name: aspnet_wp.exe
    Account name: MACHINE\ASPNET

Exception information:
    Exception type: NullReferenceException
    Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Request information:
    Request URL:
    Request path:
    User host address:
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: MACHINE\ASPNET

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 7
    Thread account name: MACHINE\ASPNET
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at Axosoft.OnTimeWeb.common.SessionCacheManager.get_C urrentUser()
    at Axosoft.OnTimeWeb.Global.Session_End(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any suggestions, please?

This seems to be an issue with the bug tracker, perhaps it isn't closing the sessions properly when you are switching between bugs.

Is it only happening after you add a new bug, so if you have just opened TestLog and try to view the bugs do you get the same error?

If you export the project to HTML are you able to view the bugs?

Comment

Test Log BUG ID Issue

<Question>Is it only happening after you add a new bug, so if you have just opened TestLog and try to view the bugs do you get the same error?

<Grant>
      In my home environment I have the installations using SQL 2005 Express Edition and I experience the issue below.
      When I carry out the steps below using SQL Server 2000 the issue does not occur. But there is another issue occuring which I will describe below.

SQL 2005 Express Edition
      ------------------------
      For First Bug Submitted

Step: I create a new test and close it.
      Step: I open the test and complete the details, choosing to 'Fail' the test.
      Step: Then I choose to "Add" a bug; the defect tracker opens in a browser window.
      Step: I complete the bug report and save it to obtain a bug ID, which I enter in to the field in Test Log.
      Step: I close the test in Test Log and then view it again.
      Step: From within the test case I click the hyperlink for the bug.
      Result: The bug is successfully opened in a browser window.

Step: I close the browser window (the bug report).
      Step: In Test Log I then click on the "View" button for the bug ID I have entered in the field.
      Result: The bug is successfully opened in a browser window.

Step: I successfully view the bug using the defect tracker web interface.
      Step: I close the bug report.

For Second Bug Submitted

Note: The test case has a 'Fail' status.
      Step: I clear the field in Test Log for 'Fault Report ID'.
      Step: Then I choose to "Add" a bug; the defect tracker opens in a browser window.
      Step: I complete the bug report and save it to obtain a bug ID, which I enter in to the field in Test Log.
      Step: I close the defect tracker browser window.
      Step: I close the test in Test Log and then view it again.
      Step: In the Test Log test case I click on either of the hyperlinks for the bugs logged against the test case.
      Result:
      1. I get the exclusive lock error.
      2. I can no longer view in the defect tracker web interface the first bug for the test case. I get the exclusive lock error.
      3. If I use the Windows client of the defect tracker I can view the bug.

SQL Server 2000
      ---------------
      Step: Create the first bug and associate it with the Test Log test case by entering the bug ID in to the 'Fault Report ID' field and click on 'OK'.
      Result: 'Fault Report(s)' in the Test Log test case displays the bug ID.

Step: Open the Test Log test case and clear the 'Fault Report ID' field.
      Step: Now create the second bug and enter in the bug ID in the 'Fault Report ID' field.
      Step: Click OK.
      Result: Test Log now shows the bug ID's concatenated in the 'Fault Report ID' field.

For example, first adding bug '7' then bug'8' results in the 'Fault Report ID' field showing '78'.
      Now if you enter in 7, click OK, open the test case again, clear the 'Fault Report ID' field and enter in '8', click OK, open the test case again and then leave the concatenation '78' 'Fault Report ID' field and choose 'DEL' to remove '78' then bug ID's are shown in the test case as "7, 8" and all is well.

<Question> If you export the project to HTML do you still get the error?

<Grant> No, when I export the project to HTML I can successfully open the bug reports for viewing.

Comment

The first issue seems to be a locking problem within the database / bug tracker itself.

The second issue i've managed to reproduce, currently only with single digit bug id's, but it will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

Exclusive lock error

Hi,
          Thank you for your responses.

Comment

Working...
          X