View Bug problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Bug problem

As far as I can tell, when TestLog launches an external bug tracking application it simply appends the 'Fault Report ID' to the end of the path for the application.
    We have a problem in that our application (IssueView) needs an extra slash at the end of it (after the ID) for it to actually work
    i.e.:
    "ivissue://Database/ProductName:1234/"
    Am I just missing something? Is there any way to achieve this through TestLog? perhaps a variable that can be put into the path that is translated at runtime, i.e. "ivissue://Database/ProductName:%ID%/", rather than simply appending the number to the end.

Another thing we found... IssueView needs the name of the project/product also to open an issue (the "ProductName" portion in the above example). If we only had one product then it wouldn't be a problem as we could just hard code it in the path, but since the 'View Bug path' is set globally for TestLog and not for each database (which makes sense) it means that this won't work either... What we really need is a field within each database that can contain the products name which we could use (again by a meta tag type system) to insert into the path.

Any ideas or thoughts from the developers if this would be possible?

Many Thanks
    Calvin
    Last edited by NivlacNZ; Nov-15-2007, 12:08 AM. Reason: Another related problem found

This is a current limitation on the external linking and it won't suit your setup very well. We'll look at adding a more customisable setup for bug tracking in a future release.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      This is a current limitation on the external linking and it won't suit your setup very well. We'll look at adding a more customisable setup for bug tracking in a future release.
      Thanks, that would be very much appreciated (by us, and probably others who are using various different issue tracking packages)... in the mean time I may have found a temporary solution by creating a very simple app which accepts the fault ID number as its command line parameter and then invokes IssueView in the correct way to launch it. Only problem is that we still have no idea of the product name, which is needed also... I am hoping I can find a way to extract it from the running process or environment variables etc.

Comment

Working...
      X