Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Populated Tables to view in Testlog

Hi Folks
    I have a query. I employ TL for Performance Testing of our company product. This can mean that I have a lot of tables which define timing data etc... To manipulate the way around TL can be cumbersome and human error of course is always a possibility.

I was wondering then if it was possible to set a link to a file which is viewable from TL. For example, if i run my performance test against multiple device with different scenarios (this can take numerous runs and varying loads).

Hence is it possible to create a file (offline to TL but available to TL) e.g., test.csv -- whose contents is viewable in TL. Thus updating this file would be reflected in TL. Otherwise all the data could become to large for TL

For example,
    The file is called test.csv and the link is postioned in Projects > Test Execution Status > Results Obtained

TL would therefore show:

Load 1

A 1 2 3 4 5
    B 6 7 8 9 0
    C 0 9 8 7 6

Load 2

D 2 3 4 5 6
    E 4 5 5 5 5
    F 4 2 2 9 9

[IMG]file:///H:/DOCUME%7E1/STEVE%7E1.QUI/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]Thanks

You can link to the file from TestLog using a file:// or http:// link but it won't be able to display the data from the file in TestLog, you would need to click the link and have the file open in it's associated program.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      The reason I was asking was to produce reports that could be sent to individuals that don't have access (or you don't want to have access to TL). For example, the use of php to retrieve this information.

I know this adds functionality that falls outside the remit of the nature of TL.

Thanks for your very prompt response

Comment

Working...
      X