Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about the product

I am evaluating the product for our company. I just have a few questions:

1 - When inserting test cases, is there a way to set the input variables for the test cases. This way if we run the same test case with different inputs we don't have to use different test cases. And we can specify x=, y= and so forth.

2- Can the program be installed on a server so that more than one user can access the program?

3 - This may be because we have the evaluation version, but in the web version, can a user create test cases and insert them into a project?

Any answers would be great. So far I like what I see of the product.

1. Not as such no, you could do it by noting the variable inputs in the results obtained or notes fields but there is only 1 current status for each test case, you couldn't see the status for each particular set of variables without manually saving it in the test case.
    2. Yes TestLog can be installed on a server.
    3. Items can't be created or deleted in the current web version, only updates to existing test cases and project test cases can be made.

Comment

Thank you for your answers

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
        Yes TestLog can be installed on a server.
        Tim -- quick follow up here... since the license for TestLog is per install and we can install it on a server; does this mean that I would only need to purchase one standard license to administer my box and just get web access licenses for everyone for daily usage?

The scenario we have with our team is that I have a small group of folks, four to be exact, that would all need the ability to add/edit test cases/projects, etc from time to time - but not concurrently.

As a startup, we're sensitive to costs and want the greatest ROI without paying for more than we need.

Thanks,

~Eric

Comment

The web access version can only edit existing test cases, no new items can be created (more differences on the FAQ http://www.testlog.com/support/testlog_faq.htm).

Fundamentally yes, if they don't need to be creating items at the same time then you could have 1 standalone copy of TestLog installed on a computer that they can use for the creation and then have several web licences to allow them to view and update the created test cases.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
            The web access version can only edit existing test cases, no new items can be created (more differences on the FAQ http://www.testlog.com/support/testlog_faq.htm).

Fundamentally yes, if they don't need to be creating items at the same time then you could have 1 standalone copy of TestLog installed on a computer that they can use for the creation and then have several web licences to allow them to view and update the created test cases.
            Tim - thanks for all of your help today/yesterday. You've made my decision significantly easier on which product we'll be using.

Comment

Working...
            X