Adding bugs to a third party tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding bugs to a third party tool

Hey there everyone. I run a QA shop down in Florida and one of the gaps I'm looking to fill is using a TCM tool. Overall, I'm quite impressed with TestLog but have a questions about a feature that I haven't seen an answer to in the documentation or in the forums:

It looks as though the only integration with bug tracking applications (such as Bugzilla) is via a web module - a browser opens up to a page the admin defines.

Is it possible to have the application instead send an e-mail to a mailbox? The company I work for makes our own IT software... to include defect tracking. And what we currently have setup is the ability to create defects directly from e-mails (ie, I can literally send an e-mail to a listener service and it will in turn create the bug).

Would this work out of the box?

There isn't a way to send an email automatically from TestLog however you can add a "mailto:" (eg mailto:test@test.com) link in the add bug path and a create email windows should be displayed for your default mail client when clicking the add bug button.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      There isn't a way to send an email automatically from TestLog however you can add a "mailto:" (eg mailto:test@test.com) link in the add bug path and a create email windows should be displayed for your default mail client when clicking the add bug button.
      Tim -- awesome -- thanks for your response!

Comment

Working...
      X