troublesome with test suite,test case numbering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troublesome with test suite,test case numbering

Any faster way to update or modify the numbering?
    Its really take much time to edit, for example i got 1.0 to 12.0 test suite and lots of test cases iside, then I need to insert one NEW test suite in between.
    I need to edit many many number everytime when there is a chages.

can i change the numbering format?
    currently the format of testlog is 001,002,003
    but i need the numbering similiar to MS word format
    1.0 (1.0.1,1.0.2)
    2.0 (2.0.1,2.0.2)

Comment

Currently you can't change the format TestLog users for auto-incrementing, only the number of digits that will be used (in the Customise Fileds -> Default Values).

TestLog won't be able to change the X.X part of the number but if you have the number of auto-increment digits set to 1 and Incremental ID's turned on in the options if you have a test case namefd1.1.1 and duplicate or create a new one TestLog will assign the new test case name as 1.1.2.

If you then need to insert a test case in between 2 others (and they have a similair name structure) you can right click on the test case, choose Insert New Test Case and TestLog will create a new test case with the name that you have clicked and rename the old test case and the ones above it. So clicking on 1.1.5 will open a blank edit window for 1.1.5 and rename the old 1.1.5 to 1.1.6.

Comment

ok.noted
        Now i know how to insert new test cases
        but still problem with new test suite...

Comment

There currently isn't a way to do e same thing with test suite but we'll keep it in mind for a future version.

Comment

Working...
          X