How to recover a deleted test case / test suite in Test Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to recover a deleted test case / test suite in Test Log

I have deleted a test case and a complete suite in test log Version 2.1 Build 1004 and refresh the view by F5.

How can I recover the deleted test case and test suite?

If you have kept backups, then get the deleted test cases from your backup.

If you have moved the test case into a project at any point, then all the data for the test case should be in the project test case.

Otherwise deleting a test case really deletes it. Short of using low level, unreliable, file system revcover techniques, there is no getting it back.

Comment

How to enable / set auto back option in Test Log?

Is there any featured / option available to enable / set auto backup mechanizam?

I want to enable my test log settings as whenever I worked on any test suite then it's updatation should be saved in a backup.

Comment

You can find the backup process on the FAQ page. Testlog doesn't do automated backups.

But if you are doing automatic bankups of your hard disk then it should have picked up the Testlog files.

Comment

Fix this?

Are there any plans to fix this problem?

It's our biggest complaint with what is otherwise very useful software.

Comment

We don't really see it as a problem that needs fixing. There are dozens of tools on the market to do full hard disk or file system backups. We would suggest doing regular backups if you find yourself accidentally deleting files.

Maybe we could look at adding a trash can in a future release (or using the Windows trash can), but there are no short terms plans for this.

Comment

Working...
            X