Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to auto-load the tester's name and date/time in web application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to auto-load the tester's name and date/time in web application.

I was on the forums here and read the sticky note on how to auto-increment the test attempts when editing in the web interface. A big Thank You to "pbrooks" for that one. In addition, I have also figured out how to auto-increment the tester's name and date/time of the test attempts on page load. To do this, edit the "PrjTestCaseEdit.html" file, browse down below the Java script to the end of the head and script commands that look like this:

</script>
    </head>

Directly below those lines, put the following:

<body onload="SetAttTimeDate(); AddTester()" topmargin="0">

This is a little messy in that, every time you open the case to edit it, it will increment again however, as long as user's are aware of this, it's easily corrected and still a big time saver when you have hundreds of test cases or more to edit. If you want to get really robust, you could add in an "if exist" command that keeps it from adding in the same tester's name over and over.

I hope this helps someone out there. I'm working to implement drop down menu selections but that's proving to be a bit more difficult. As I figure some of this out, I'll post it here for others to pick through.

Thanks again for a really cool product at a very affordable price!
    -TA
Working...
X