Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user login is causing our web licenses to be consumed

Hi,
    We've been using TL for several months now and things have been going fine. Recently, we hired a new employee and I added him in as a TL web user with read/write/create access. He tried to login and it seemed to take his name and password but then it just returned to the login screen. This also consumed one user web license (began counting up the logged in users in the web interface). We tried his login again and it went back to the login screen and incremented another user in the count. This continues to happen until ALL of our web licenses are used up and then nobody else can login.

I finally figured out that if I recreated this user with read/write access only (no create) then everything works find and it logs the user in as expected. This seems to be an easy one to replicate - create a new user named "Test" with a password of "123" then give him read/write/create access. Attempt to log that user in through the web and it will begin incrementing the web access count.

We're using TL V3.0 (1026) for Win32 with Apache and all of our testers access it through the web interface. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks!
    -TA

Thanks for reporting this however we weren't able to reproduce the same behaviour.

Could you please enable the debugmode option in the cgiconfig file, and using an account with the problem try logging in and then send the debug log (it will be created in the TEMPDIRABS directroy from the config file) to timr [at] passmark [dot] com.

Comment

Hi Tim. I sent you the debug log as requested. Please let me know if you need anything further.

THank you!
      -TA

Comment

Thanks Tim. We were actually using an older CGI file as you suggested. We had updated TestLog but didn't update the CGI file in our web server's folder. I copied the new file over and the problem no longer occurs. You guys are great - keep up the good work!

-TA

Comment

Working...
        X