Bug info export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug info export

I am reading on your website that there is a feature for exporting to Bugzilla or Mantis. What is the format of the info coming out of TestLog? Is it CSV as well?

We have a home-grown ticket tracking tool that we use in our office and I would like to be able to use your software for Test Case and Resource Management, but will really need the ability to export a bug out to CSV for import into our CSR Tool.

Please let me know if anyone has done this or knows how it can be accomplished.

KP

This feature doesn't transfer data to/from a external bug tool and TestLog, it merely provides a quick launch feature and is able to open a previously saved bug report (or start the action of creating a new one).

You can export data from TestLog in CSV format (under the File menu -> export to CSV -> Export project test cases) however it will export data from all the test cases in the current project.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      This feature doesn't transfer data to/from a external bug tool and TestLog, it merely provides a quick launch feature and is able to open a previously saved bug report (or start the action of creating a new one).

You can export data from TestLog in CSV format (under the File menu -> export to CSV -> Export project test cases) however it will export data from all the test cases in the current project.
      Thanks for the quick response... Is there any plans in the future to add some of this type of functionality?

Comment

We will keep it in mind for a future version, as there is no standard format/template between the bug trackers it's likely we would add a feature such as being able to export a single test case to CSV which could then be edited (if need be) and imported into the bug tracker (JIRA seems to support CSV import while Bugzilla and Mantis are vague about such a feature).

Comment

Working...
        X