Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot customize completely a TestLog template

Hello,

My goal is to create a custom TestLog template to contain only the following information: test suite name, test case name, test case prerequisites, test description and test case expected results.

I have partially obtained that, however I am having trouble eliminating some sections like:
    - Project Reports - only the title (I eliminated the content of the section)
    - Progress Reports - only the title (I eliminated the content of the section)
    - Status Reports - only the title (I eliminated the content of the section)
    - Test Case Reports - only the title (I eliminated the content of the section)
    - Test List Reports - only the title (I eliminated the content of the section)
    - Test Suites - list of suites with references
    - Suite - list of test cases with references
    - Separator lines between sections (e.g.: between the test case tables)

Could you please advice regarding the deletion of these not needed sections?

Also, is there a feature allowing me to export (Export Project to Web) directly into a Word .doc format?

Thank you in advance,

Andreea

I'm assuming this would be for the single page web export, currently there isn't a single template for the web export as it is mostly a combination of the other templates files and several of the elements are hard coded in TestLog.

We'll look at adding a dedicated template file for the web export in a future version so it can be customised to remove whole sections and headings if required.

You can't export directly to .doc but newer versions of Word should open the .html files.

Comment

OK, thank you for the response.

Comment

Hi,

I would like to customize the 'New Test Case' template and was wondering if that is possible.
        I've found the Settings > Customize Fields option alright but that is only allowing me to customise options within certain fields whereas I'd like to remove some of those fields to make the creation of a new test case quicker and most specific to our own needs.

Rgds,
        VBarrett

Comment

It isn't possible to remove items from the new test case dialog from the standalone version of TestLog as dynamically removing and repositioning elements can be a very difficult task.

It can be done with the web based version of TestLog, there is a HTML based edit template and instead of a static dialog the web pages are generated on the fly.

Comment

Working...
          X