Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions and problems

1. Testlog Customize Status.
    It would be realy nice to change the colour of the ICON, or add another Icon.
    Because of the limited "Meaning" I think this is needed

2. It does not appear to be possible to keep track of what user is updating status on "Project Test Cases" ?

Why then have different users, if the user manualy has to click the

3. When using the web interface, when a "Tester" clicks edit to update the status, write results or comments, the text is showed in HTML code.

So "This is Text - " will be showed like this...

Code:
    <DIV>This is Text:</DIV><UL><LI><DIV align=left>
    </DIV></LI><LI><DIV align=left>Test That all functions in the Raid Software works, Email, SMTP, Passwords and so on.</DIV></LI></UL>
    4. A user cant logout of the webinterface?
    There is no button for this

5. I cant create subfolders or sub cattegories in the "Resources" folder
    I need to add CPUs, Memory, PSU, HDD and so on.
    This will become a mess unless I write CPU_xxx, Mem_xxx, PSU_xxx

6. Its not possible to define a test order or priority for the project Test Cases is it?

7. I cant have revision controll on my "Tests Cases" can I ?
    Would be nice to have different reversion of the tests.

x. A notification system ? Just a popup, or !mark so if a "tester" can be informed that he has to retest or take action.

I will get back with more questions and feedback later

1. Changing the icon colour or allowing other icons to be added is likely something that won't be feasible to add however we'll keep in mind adding a larger icon set to choose from for the status.

2. The user is not currently saved in the history entry, though they should be saved in the "Last Update by" field.

3. If you have entered data using the HTML editor there are certain formatting elements that can't be hidden/translated when editing that data in the web version. There are plans to add a javascript style HTML editor to the web version if possible in a future version.

4. In the top right hand section of the web interface is the "Log out" option, next to the "Configure" and "Help" options. This is only currently displayed when viewing a database as each database requires a separate login. We'll keep in the mind adding a global log out option.

5. We'll add this to the list of requested features.

6. Within a test suite the order can be determined by using a numbered naming scheme. There is a priority field for the test cases that can be set and the list of test cases sorted based on priority.

7. No there isn't a way of saving a previous version of the test case within itself, though you can create a copy of it for the new version and copy the old version to an archive folder.

For user notifications, this is something that is on our list of request features, which would likely suit a more admin/user driven system which is something we have been looking at adding.

Comment

Thx for your swift and extensive explenations.
      This was a large factor in our selection of Testlog

Now we just need to implement on a live server and purchase some licenses

. Its because there is something wrong with The report colour.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol I cant even upload an image in this old Vb setup
      Come on guys, Move on to VB4.1

if you want help, have questions about it or anything fell free to write

3. If not an editor, then maybe a option to show the HTML code or in "enduser" view.

4. Thx, its just not on all the pages I think, or at least a bit hard to spot
      No worries.

New question.
      My biggest frustration is adding the test descriptops. It would be nice if images where transcoded from the local path (C:\blabla bla.jpg)to the "server" name.

This is done in alot of webbased programs.

In External Description Link it works fine.

\\Server\Files\Product-3D_drawing_requirements.doc

Same happens with Requirements, Im running testlog from another machine.
      If I upload the document to the server, and browse to the servers shared folder, My url becomes \\Server\Files\Product_drawing_requirements.doc

But this does not create a link in the requirements field.

BUT If I copy the HTML code, open my web acces, view the Test Case and check the HTML code, I find
      the HTML code.

Code:
      <a href="file://Server\Files\Product-3D_drawing_requirements.doc" target="_blank">\\Server\Files\Product-3D_drawing_requirements.doc</a>
      Insert this under requirements = No problem, Requirements now becomes a valid Link....

Comment

Move on to VB4.1...
        The V3.x releases of vB are still being supported (as of Nov 2010 in any case). We didn't allow image uploads as 1) it encourages more spam posts, and we already get a lot and 2) backing up the forum becomes problematic as it grows in size.

vB4 seemed to be more of a complete CMS system. Which we didn't really need nor want.

Tim should answer the other questions tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          The V3.x releases of vB are still being supported (as of Nov 2010 in any case). We didn't allow image uploads as 1) it encourages more spam posts, and we already get a lot and 2) backing up the forum becomes problematic as it grows in size.

vB4 seemed to be more of a complete CMS system. Which we didn't really need nor want.

Tim should answer the other questions tomorrow.
          Thx for allowing me to pull you into a dialog

Images can be moved into the file system
          AdminCP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Types -> Move from Database into File System

Well im not trying to bash anything
          Im just very happy with the VB 4x version

Comment

Images can be moved into the file system
            Yes, but this doesn't solve the spam nor the backup problem. We run mirrored drives on the server, but also want an offsite copy. And the fewer GB we have, the less hassle for us.

Comment

Currently the requirements path is only being converted to a link under certian circumstances (if there is a web address entered in the requirements path option or a local program location) so we'll update this next release to process local server names too.

For the next major we're hoping to improve the image/document handling in TestLog, possibly by storing them in a folder with the TestLog database so we can reference the image correctly in all view forms (local, web based and exported).

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
                Currently the requirements path is only being converted to a link under certian circumstances (if there is a web address entered in the requirements path option or a local program location) so we'll update this next release to process local server names too.

For the next major we're hoping to improve the image/document handling in TestLog, possibly by storing them in a folder with the TestLog database so we can reference the image correctly in all view forms (local, web based and exported).
                Hey TimR.

We have now purchased and implemented Testlog

I was looking for a way to solve the image insertion problem.

One way could be to have the htmlexit.exe file hardcode a default path for images.

So when you click the insert image button, and then click browse, it opens at a folder on the server, that way everybody could know they needed to move the files there before inserting them.

Its hard to explain to 20-25 people that they have to copy the files to the webserver, then insert them.

Another way could be to reincode inserted pictures to to base64 code, like here...

http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

Works fine, except that it amounts to +40.000 charachters

Was looking into how this could be changed, because the editor remembers the dir the user browsed to, if it is located in the regisry database of the local machine, this could be forced via a GPO policy on the domaine.

also looked into changing the htmleditor into another stand alone .exe file, but thougth I would write here first

Comment

Due to the number of different ways the images can be displayed there isn't a quick/easy workaround for image display, it's something that will need to be be built into the next version so all methods of image displayed are handled correctly.

Comment

Export

Hello, is it any option (plug in or add on) that will enabled export list of test cases and reports to Exel for instance?
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

There is an export to CSV option in the File menu.
                      One of the options is to export a list of test cases to CSV, which Excel can import.

If you need more than the test cases (e.g. folders, reports, etc..) you could probably go to the CMD prompt in Windows and do
                      dir . /s > MyList.txt
                      on the top level folder. This will some sort of list.

Comment

Working...
                      X