Unable to open file for editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to open file for editing

I have one test case in Projects that I can't do anything with. I get the message "Unable to open file for editing. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." As a result, I can't edit, delete, rename, etc. the test case.

If I look at the list of test cases in the left-side display, it's there. It's missing from the right. It doesn't show up in the web view, either.

If I export the project, this test case shows up blank.

I've gone to the folder where the data is stored and I get the same thing -- I can't edit, rename, move, or delete the test case.

Anyone have any idea why this case is stuck, how I can fix it, and what I can do to prevent this from happening again?

With TestLog closed, if you open the windows task manager and check the processes tab are there any TestLog instances running, it may be a crash has caused TestLog to remain open in the background and hold control of this file.

It sounds like you are running the web version of TestLog as well, if so please repeat the process on the web server (though in this case check for any instances of testlogcgi).

Comment

Working...
    X