Filtering not working as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering not working as expected

Hello. I was unable to filter on my Resource IDs, and after poking at it for a bit, it seems that perhaps TestLog allows me to enter spaces into the Resource ID field ("Camera 100", for example), but then it cannot properly use these IDs to filter.

Can someone confirm that this is a problem? And if so, are there any plans to fix in the upcoming release?? Thanks!

- Tara

The space does seem to cause the problem, but only for filtering project test cases. It will be fixed in the next version.

Comment

more detail

I looked a little further and it seems that multiple spaces is the problem, and that it manifests itself when filtering both Test Cases and Project Test Cases.

Thanks for the quick response!!

-- Tara

Comment

can anyone offer a list of filtering "Don't"s?

I'm still playing with filtering the Resource field here.

1) I have a Resource with an ampersand in the Resource name. The ampersand causes me to not be able to filter successfully on that value. OK, I will avoid using the ampersand.

2) It seems that ", " is the delimiter between multiple Resources assigned to a test case. This causes a couple difficulties if the user is not playing nicely with the system:

2a) If you are cutting and pasting values into the Resource field (sometimes it's speedier to update a bunch this way, rather than clicking), and you lose the space between one Resource and another, the second Resource cannot be successfully filtered on.

For example: A test case with two separate Resources "apples, oranges" in the Resource field would allow me to successfully filter on Resource="oranges". A test case with "apples,oranges" in the Resource field would NOT allow me to successfully filter on Resource="oranges".

2b) Along those same lines, since the ", " IS being used as the delimiter, a user needs to be aware that a single Resource such as "apples, oranges and bananas" would not successfully work with a filter because the Resource ID contains the delimiter.

Does anyone have at hand a list of any other symbols, or combinations that I should avoid? THANKS!!

- Tara

Comment

The problem with the & will be fixed next release, the field being compared wasn't being converted properly so HTML entities (like & ) weren't replaced and the comparison was failing.

The problem with the space missing after the "," will be fixed in the next release as well.

The user manual has been updated to mention the delimiting character of ",".

Comment

Working...
          X