V3 Beta - Testlog HTML editor fails, application configuration is incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3 Beta - Testlog HTML editor fails, application configuration is incorrect

I've downloaded and installed the new version (V30004) and trying the new features.

When I try to open "test description and steps" in a test case by clicking the button the following error appears:
    " TestlogHTMLEdit.exe open failed, please check it exists in the Testlog directory"

When I look into the folder C:\Program Files\TestLog the program "TestLogHTMLEdit" exists.

When I double click on this object the following message appears "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

I reinstalled the testlog application with the same result...

My guess is that TestLogHTMLEdit is dependant on some other system file that we haven't noticed up until now. So re-installing will not fix the problem. We will need to fix it on our side, or at least provide a method of getting the required files. But you might notice that on some other PC's it works fine.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you have installed? We'll have a look into the issue.

Comment

Windows XP
      Professional
      version 2002
      Servicepack 2

Comment

It seems the some installations of Windows are missing some system files. If the files are there or not depends on what other software you have installed. Further tests have shown that it won't run on a clean install of Windows XP.

We have a solution to the problem, which is to include the required files with Testlog. So this issue will be fixed in the next beta release, which should be this late this week (~ 2/Feb/07).

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

So do we have a fix yet ?
            Regards
            Philby

Comment

We believe so, there should be a new beta release later today (i'll post a link to it when it's ready).

Beta 5 is now up: http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...p?t=649&p=2350
              Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Feb-07-2007, 04:11 AM. Reason: Added link to beta 5 post

Comment

Beta V5 - The HTML editor is now correctly installed!

Comment

Working...
                X