Linking issues with generic & project test cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking issues with generic & project test cases

Perhaps I am missing something here, but when I define a dependency between test cases in the generic Test Cases section I expect the dependency to update when I drag the test cases to the project. For instance - referring to the sample database - the test description for BASE_003 has links to both BASE_001 and BASE_002 cases at the generic level. If I drag BASE_003 into a project to create Project Test Cases, the test case links still refer to the generic versions of 001 and 002, NOT the appropriate Project Test Cases. This seems wrong, and I notice that the sample database does NOT look like this; the project test cases all cross-refer to other project test cases - this is much better but how was this achieved? What did I miss? Any help much appreciated!

This is because it's a static link and at the moment there is no automatic update function when it's dragged into a project. We will probably add this in the next update.

Comment

Oh, okay - thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to edit the links by hand.

Comment

Working...
      X