X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some remarks about V3

Hello,

Just installed V3.1000 2 hours ago and I have some remarks:
    1. When I open the HTMLEditor for Notes Field 2, fill in some text and close the screen (with saving) the text appears in Notes Field 1. It overwrites the text present in Notes Field 1. Seems like a bug...
    2. The HTMLEditor puts an empty paragraph (<p></p>) at the end of every field that is edited with the editor. This uses a lot of unnecessary space. When you try to delete the empty paragraph, the editor automaticly puts it back.
    3. The HTMLEditor also puts a non-deletable paragraph (<p>) at the top of every field. When I only put a list in the field, this paragraph at the beginning leaves a blank space at the beginning of the field.
    4. It would be nice to have a possibility to change some defaults in the HTMLEditor. For example: I don't want to show borders around my tables because I mainly use them for lay out purposes. Now I have to change the value to '0' for every table I insert. If I can change the default values that are used while inserting the table, that would be very handy.
      Also an option to change the default fonttype used in the HTMLEditor would be nice. I just don't like to work with the Times New Roman font .
    5. Chapter 20 of the manual discusses the option of updating all testcases. I can't find this functionality in the application.
    Ofcourse I also want to pay my respect for the improvements in this version. Good work!

When I bump into more things I'll just post them here. Maybe you guys can do something with it.

Greetz,
    Bas
    Last edited by jemoetwat; Feb-23-2007, 01:50 PM.

HTML editor definitely a bit shaky

I'm glad someone posted a message about the blank paragraphs and excessive white space, I didn't know whether to mention it or not! I have found the HTML numbered lists and bullet lists to be particularly ugly after using the editor, you really need to avoid these features and number your test steps manually. Which is obviously a bit of a shame but not the end of the world...

Comment

I used to number the steps manualy in version 2.1. Only the alignment was crap when the text was longer then one line. I solved this by splitting the text en align the text on the second line by using the spacebar. I only got a satisfying result when using the font Courier. Since version 3 is more HTML-based, this solution for the alignment doesn't work anymore, so I just use the listing options in the HTMLEditor. But I do hope something can be done to get rid of those undeletable paragraphs.
      Ofcourse now you can also use a table for a better alignment/lay out.

Comment

The notes field bug will be fixed in the next release.

Chapter 20 of the manual discusses the option of updating all test cases. I can't find this functionality in the application
        These options are located at the bottom of the menu when right clicking on a test suite or project test suite in the tree view.

We'll look at saving a config file for the html editor and making the html it returns a bit less cluttered.

Comment

Working...
        X