customize columns in suite-view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customize columns in suite-view

in the web interface, you currently cannot "turn off" columns that are displayed about the test cases (resources, configurations, type, etc.) nor can you change their order. It would be great if you could do either, since in my company's use case, we only really care about 5 or so of those fields (ID, Title, status, Tester, expected duration). It's actually really annoying having all those extra fields, because when not viewing maximized on a monitor, it crushes the title and ID fields to less-than-useful sizes (like 5-10 characters per line, making it very hard to read) and those two are by far the most useful of all the fields. It's great that you can customize the fields to display when viewing test cases, so if we could take that one step further and hide the fields when showing the list of test cases, that would also be great.

Thanks.

We are planning to add some template tags for the heading items, but are currently focused on some higher priority issues.

Comment

[bump]

I just wanted to bring this back to the top. I don't know if you've given any thought to this, but it would be a great help for my team. We only need to see about 5-8 fields in the list project list view, and all the extra fields tend to clutter up the space, making it take up a lot more vertical real estate, and a lot harder to read. let us know if you think this feature will make it in one of the next few releases.

Thanks.

Comment

We've added it for project test cases only so it could go in this release so it will only apply to the PrjTestSuiteTemplate, next release we'll add it for normal test cases as well.

You can add the heading tags for a column as part of the TGLIST tag inside "::". The new format looks like
        Code:
        <!--TL_TGLIST:TL_TITLE_HEADING:TL_TESTTYPE_HEADING:TL_TESTTPHASE_HEADING:TL_STATUS_HEADING:-->
        the old tag still works and is the default
        Code:
        <!--TL_TGLIST-->
        Only columns that are present in the default list are able to be used.

Comment

Working...
        X