1005 Issues/Bugs/Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1005 Issues/Bugs/Concerns

Please take into account that I've only been using the 1005 build for a couple of hours, but here it goes.

Test Reporting Wizard', 'Test Details Report' 'Use All' button causes and error dialog 'There are no test cases from whicah a report can be generated'. Workaround is to use the 'Use Selected' and manually selecte each Test suite.

Open an already completed test case to look at the results and it will automatically put the current logged in user's name in as one of the testers

Right click on a filter and select "Edit". Nothing works. Can only create filters from "Filter" drop down at top and once created, they cannot be edited

Open a COMPLETED project and look at a specific test case. Open the test case and attempt to change some text or results or something then click OK to save your changes. TestLog will now mark this test with the last attempted date as NOW. The last attempted date should NEVER be changed unless I have incremented the number of test attempts then clicked OK to save. This will allow the tester to re-edit his comments or add more details without TestLog marking the test as being attempted again

Create a full HTML report. Open the report and at the top, you will see the "location" in sub-folders. If you click on the upper level folder link, it's dead. Either fix the link so that it returns to the previous page, or remove the link completely

When you create a report with the pie charts, if you look at the section at the bottom where it says "Percentage of tests complete", the number displayed is actually the percentage of the tests that PASSED.

Creating a report using the wizard, it will fail to create the report if the start and end dates are the same. First, you should never be able to even create a project with the same start and end times. Second, my current project only takes about 3 hours to run so why would I want to split it across two days? It should ONLY fail if the start and end TIME is the same, or when the end date and time is before the start date and time - though the project should never let you get that far anyway.

When exporting a project to web, if you put in a path of a folder that does not exist, it should prompt the user that the folder path does not exist and ask "do you want to create it"....instead of letting you go through the steps then failing.

No more alphabetical sorting please - drag and drop ordering would be optimal but it will need to maintain the current order when dragging multiple cases at the same time. Cases later brought in should be placed at the point where they are dragged to. (Just give the option to TURN THIS OFF)

If TestLog encounters an error where the path is too long, such as when dragging multiple test cases into a new project, it should warn the user that this cannot be completed then STOP - instead of warning the user that it cannot be completed then crashing! Sometimes it actually seems to work but if you open the project, the tests that had the filename issues are simply not there.

When in the database, hit the refresh button , now I get a msg that the current user is missing. I have always used the same system to build and edit the database and my system name as never been changed. There's absolutely no logical reason for this. Add a Login screen and I can see where this would be necessary.

Requests:

I would like to be able to import RESOURCES from csv file.

An UNDO would be GREAT If you accidentally delete something or create a mess due to the program failing because of long file names (for example), there is no easy way to restore.

Regards

'Test Details Report' 'Use All' button causes and error dialog 'There are no test cases from whicah a report can be generated'.

Right click on a filter and select "Edit". Nothing works
    These have been fixed in the re-uploaded build.

Open an already completed test case to look at the results and it will automatically put the current logged in user's name in as one of the testers
    I can't reproduce this at all unless the "Automatically add user to testers after edit" option is selected (which is expected).

Open the test case and attempt to change some text or results or something then click OK to save your changes. TestLog will now mark this test with the last attempted date as NOW.
    Again i can't seem to reproduce this, unless i hit the button next to the last attempted date to set it to the current time or the checkbox for the field is unchecked.

Open the report and at the top, you will see the "location" in sub-folders. If you click on the upper level folder link, it's dead
    Is there a particular depth or name this is breaking for? Also are you using FireFox or IE?

When you create a report with the pie charts, if you look at the section at the bottom where it says "Percentage of tests complete", the number displayed is actually the percentage of the tests that PASSED.
    It seems a wording change is in order for the next version.

Creating a report using the wizard, it will fail to create the report if the start and end dates are the same
    The progress report uses a resolution of a days rather than hours, to use an hourly resolution would require a significant change to the report generation, something we may look at in the future.

it should prompt the user that the folder path does not exist and ask "do you want to create it".
    Using the browse button will allow you to create folders.

No more alphabetical sorting please - drag and drop ordering would be optimal
    Unfortunately it isn't as simple as turning off alphabetical sorting, we would have to start tracking the location of each test case in a test suite and maintaining that order.

If TestLog encounters an error where the path is too long, such as when dragging multiple test cases into a new project, it should warn the user that this cannot be completed then STOP
    We'll look at more in depth checks of the file names being copied to ensure they won't exceed the limit as well as preventing any crash caused by exceeding the limit.

now I get a msg that the current user is missing.
    This was added to remind users to change their current user to one appropriate to the database they are using as well as warning if that user has been deleted or renamed. You can change the user using Set User under the Settings menu or right clicking on a tester and selecting Set as current user. Once you have selected a user for that database you shouldn't be prompted to again unless the tester name is changed.

We'll add importing resources from CSV and the undo option to the list of requested features. A Undo feature, especially for deleting / un-deleting files, would be quite complicated but it is something we would like to add in future.

Comment

Working...
    X