Question about builds and licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about builds and licenses

I'm having trouble getting my recently-purchased license to work in TestLog, possibly because I'm having to manually type it in rather than copying and pasting it from the email. Unfortunately I am forced to do it this way and there's really no way around it, for reasons I can't go into.

Anyway, I just wanted to double-check that I'm doing everything else correctly. The FAQ page about registering/licenses mentions making sure that the version you have installed is the version you purchased and have a key for. I take that to mean that I need to make sure that I have TestLog 3.0 installed and not version 2.x, but does build version (i.e. I have the latest 1005 but the license may have been purchased when 1003 was the latest) matter? I assume build doesn't matter but wanted to check, just to be sure.

Thanks. I *love* TestLog. It's really helping me stay organized and keep good records of my test activities.

Question answered: build number does not matter. Turns out I had bad information for the User Name. All is well now.
    Last edited by mgilly; Apr-23-2007, 08:29 PM. Reason: Update

That's correct, minor builds doesn't affect the licence key. The only time the licence key will be affected is if we do a major upgrade (like from version 2 to 3) or we change the current key system for security reasons (which we have never done up to now for Testlog).

Comment

Working...
    X