Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with not inheriting the result of the previous Project to the next Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with not inheriting the result of the previous Project to the next Project

Issues with not inheriting the result of the previous Project to the next Project for the same database.
    I am using Test log for the last 2 months and I am not sure weather test log support this functionality of inheriting the results of one Project to the other Project.
    I create Project Weekly, so every week I create one project for the same database. Now the issue that I am having is What ever changes I do in for instance Week 15 is not inherited to the project that I create for the Week 16, for the same database.
    I have to go manually and change the status of all the test cases which I have tested in the previous week for the project of current week.
    To make things more clear suppose there are 100 test cases in a data base and I tested 50 test cases in week 15 and changed their status to Pass or Fail. Now next week I created another project Week 16 and that also has same 100 test cases but the status of the first 50 is again “Not yet Attempted” where as I am done with those last week. I hope this clears the scenario.

Can anybody suggest me is there anything I can do to eliminate this manual work.

If you are dragging test cases from the test cases branch into the new project then yes they will be newly initialised project test cases. If you want the test cases to retain their current information you will need to copy/paste them from the previous project.

Comment

Working...
    X