Map Color Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Color Wrong

Hi. Purchased the program today and played around with the mapping tool. It's not picking the right color for the range that I am. For example, it had put green when I wasn't connected to an AP.

It seems to be stuck on the initial color when you start the AP. The above example was when I started the program right next to an AP. In another instance, I started the program with an orange color connection and it used orange throughout, including when I wasn't connected.

Have you added the access point to the drop down list and selected it or is it still using the "All" setting?

Comment

The "All setting"

Comment

I did the selection of an AP, etc. and it is doing the same thing - it uses the same color everywhere and that color is the color of the range that you start with.

I started off with a 15% signal (RED) and ended up on top of the AP (full green) and it still marked it red.

Previous to that I started off in the yellow range and ended up at 15% and it was still marking it yellow.

The mapping part was why I wanted this so I hope you can fix it soon.

Comment

It shouldn't matter if you are connected to the Access Point or not at the time of taking a sample, it will use the value obtained from the currently available network list.

I can't seem to replicate this behaviour at all, what is the value for the RSSI in the summary list, is it displaying a negative db value or a positive percentage value?

There is however some very odd behaviour with the Intel drivers in Vista from our experience, in a laptop here with a Intel 2200BG and a Netgear WG111v3, the Intel card reports network strengths of good/excellent (80-90)% and barely seems to change while the Netgear is reporting poor (30-40%) and fluctuates quite noticeably when moving away from an access point.

Walking outside the office here resulted in the Netgear almost losing connection with the access point (5%) while the Intel still reported 90% / Excellent, in both WirelessMon and the Windows connection manager.

It may be the Intel cards takes a long time to update the currently available networks.

Comment

The purchased copy is running on Windows XP.

It is a negative DB value.

Did you want me to create a screen capture video?

Comment

Version 2.1 is doing the same thing - it uses the same color that you start with irregardless of what the current status is.

The purchased copy is running on XP with a Dell 1390 Wireless card.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
                There is however some very odd behaviour with the Intel drivers in Vista from our experience, in a laptop here with a Intel 2200BG and a Netgear WG111v3, the Intel card reports network strengths of good/excellent (80-90)% and barely seems to change while the Netgear is reporting poor (30-40%) and fluctuates quite noticeably when moving away from an access point.

Walking outside the office here resulted in the Netgear almost losing connection with the access point (5%) while the Intel still reported 90% / Excellent, in both WirelessMon and the Windows connection manager.

It may be the Intel cards takes a long time to update the currently available networks.
                My Vista laptop has a Intel 4965AN card and you are right - it is very slow on updating status.

Comment

Working...
                X