Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent Results

Hi,

One of the networks visible in the 'Summary' tab on WirelessMon is showing RSSI less than -81dBm. However, if I switch to the 'Graphs' tab and select this same network in 'Select Source', it shows a figure hovering around -50dBm. This is having answered 'Yes' to Change Source. The problem only appears to occur with this one network. The other networks' 'Summary' page and 'Graphs' page agree closely.

I'm running WirelessMon v 2.1.

Can anyone shed any light on this inconsistency?

JPC

We haven't seen (or can replicate) anything like this, could you please run WireslessMon in debug mode (see the help file for more details) and send us the log file that is created along with the name of the access point that is displaying this behaviour.

Comment

An Update

Tim,

The reason you haven't heard back from me is that the router to which I was referring has not been active for a few days. I think it tends to be more active at weekends so we'll just have to be patient. However, I have discovered another anomaly - if I select my own router on the Graphs tab, I get no display of signal strength. I have to select 'Current Network Card' to get a display. WirelessMon v2.0 did display signal strength when I selected my own router.

JPC

Comment

I believe the problem graphing a signal from a connected access point should be fixed in the next build.

Comment

Debug Mode

Originally posted by TimR View Post
          We haven't seen (or can replicate) anything like this, could you please run WireslessMon in debug mode (see the help file for more details) and send us the log file that is created along with the name of the access point that is displaying this behaviour.
          I checked the Help file and it appears to be giving incorrect instructions. In order to run debug mode, it states that I need to type the following at the command prompt:

"C:\temp\WirelessMon.exe" DEBUGMODE

It comes back with the error message that it can't find this. Please re-advise.

JPC

Comment

You need to use the location where you installed WirelessMon, eg "C:\Program Files\Wirelessmon\Wirelessmon.exe"

This example is a little misleading so it will be updated next release.

Comment

Log File

What's the best way of sending you the log file? It's 1.216MB.

JPC

Comment

If it is just 1MB, then just E-mail it to us.

Comment

Working...
                X