SSID of Connected Network Doesn't Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSID of Connected Network Doesn't Show

I'm running the latest version of WirelessMon: V2.1, Build 1001. When I run the program, although the SSID of the network I am connected to displays in the top left section of the "Summary" screen, it does not display in the listing of heard networks at the bottom of the screen. All other information about the network I'm connected to does appear in the bottom section, but not the SSID. The SSIDs of all other heard networks do appear in the listing at the bottom of the Summary screen.

Do I have something set up wrong? How do I get the SSID of the connected network to appear in the listing along with other network SSIDs?

Are you using Windows Vista or XP? Is the access point broadcasting its SSID or is it hidden?

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      Are you using Windows Vista or XP? Is the access point broadcasting its SSID or is it hidden?
      Tim - I'm running Vista Premium Home. My router's SSID is not being broadcast.

Comment

If the SSID is hidden then it won't be displayed in the summary list, but the icon should change to blue and the the status to Connected to indicate that it is the access point you are currently connected to.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
          If the SSID is hidden then it won't be displayed in the summary list, but the icon should change to blue and the the status to Connected to indicate that it is the access point you are currently connected to.
          It's interesting, Tim ... on my laptop, exactly what you described is what occurs. However, I tried installing WirelessMon on my Dell desktop for comparison, and the SSID of my connected AP does appear in the summary list, but it doesn't appear in the summary list on my laptop. Not a big deal, just an interesting observation as to my knowledge the two machines are configured (Windows services, etc.) the same.

Comment

What sort of network card is in the dell desktop?

Comment

Network Card

Tim - it's a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter.

Comment

Working...
              X