Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS units campatible with Vista and WirelessMon

Hi,

I live in Australia, and was thinking about purchasing wirelessmon for our school. We just installed wireless and it would be great to "see" where the signal is weak so we can address it.

The GPS untis..Are their any that will work indoors?
    And what do you do about multi level buildings?

We tried several GPS units but always had to be outside for them to receive a signal, once the satellite signal has penetrated the building it's likely to be too weak to be picked up by most GPS receivers.

For indoors you are better off using a floor plan and the manual click method to create a signal map. For multilevel building you will need a floor plan for each level, but you could have them in the same image, layed out under each other vertically, so you could just have one project file + image for the building. This would also allow you to choose a network from the list and see how many floors and in which areas it is affecting.
    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Nov-02-2008, 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling+formatting

Comment

Thanks. That sounds like the plan!

Comment

My GPS is a Vista HCx, since it's USB, the only way I found to work with Wirelessmon was through GPSGate (http://franson.com/gpsgate/), a very nice program that emulates a NMEA compatible serial port.

With GPSGate nearly all (if not all) GPS units could be used.

Comment

Working...
        X