Cannot find corresponding counter name for this network card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find corresponding counter name for this network card

I am running a Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter in a ACER travel mate 800.

I get this error message whenever I select the network card. It still seems to detect signels.

When WirelessMon has trouble to match the networking card name with particular windows function, This error message will be displayed.

In this case, some information such as Data Rate on the IP Connection tab cannot be shown correctly. But it shold not stop the rest of the software functioning.

You can find a file called "ErrorLog.txt", generated in the same directory as wirelessmon.exe, after this error message shows. Could you please E-mail this file to: help [at] passmark.com to help us investigate your problem.

Regards
    Liang

Comment

I have the same problem

my errorlog:

The Network card description from counter, found 0 cards:
      The Network card description from device driver:
      Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection - Pakketplanner-minipoort

Comment

WirelessMon tries to match you network card to the system performance counters available so it can display various information about the network card. It looks like it was unable to load the performance counters correctly, possibly due to a non english version of Windows.

We've done a new build of WirelessMon to try and address this issue, could you please download it from http://www.passmark.com/ftp/wirelessmon2beta6b.exe and let me know if it corrects the problem. Could you please run it with the "DEBUGMODE" command line option and email me (timr [at] passmark [dot] com) the "WirelessMonTestLog.txt" file that is created.

Comment

I also get the same error message.

The contents of ErrorLog.txt:
          The Network card description from counter, found 0 cards:
          The Network card description from device driver:
          Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection - Pakketplanner-minipoort

I use a Dutch version of Windows XP SP2.

Comment

Could you please run the latest version with the "DEBUGMODE" command line option and email me (timr [at] passmark [dot] com) the "WirelessMonTestLog.txt" file that is created.

Comment

There is a new debug build of WirelessMon available from www.passmark.com/ftp/wirelessmon-2.0.1001-2.exe that should resolve this issue for people with non-english versions of Windows installed.

Could anyone with this problem please download this build and let us know if it fixes the problem.

Comment

There is a new release of WirelessMon that should fix this problem for non-english version of Windows. http://www.passmark.com/ftp/wirelessmon.exe

Comment

This new build fixes the problem for me. I use a Dutch version of Windows XP and I don't get the error message at startup anymore.

I did have a problem with the access point list (it remained empty) but deleting the configsetup.ini file, as explained in one of the other threads, fixed it.

So it's working fine now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X