Summary Page Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary Page Observations

Having used the product for a few days now I am quite pleased with it. Does a lot very well. Barring some remarkable product falling from the sky I'll probably buy it.

I do have a few observations, comments, and questions about the Summary Screen. They are meant to be positive.
    • A lot of real estate is given over to Channel use. Perhaps better to use shorter bar increments and show the count at the end?
    • The SS Meter is different from what I'm used to seeing on cell phones and on the bar graphs in the tray: a "bottom triangle" if you will. Is this option possible?
    • One of the most important stats on this page is the RSSI SS graph yet it gets almost no space. It is irrelevant in the N/A case so why not omit it there and make it bigger where it does matter?
    • Rates supported of 54.0/48.0/36.0/... is essentially unreadable. Why not make it something like: 54, 48, 36, ... Less space more information.
    • Under Security the word "Required" is redundant, the lock and (xxx) is all that's needed. Similarly, "Not Required" could be shortened to "None".
    • If I hover (perhaps accidentally) over a Channel Bar Graph when the Status area refreshes it goes blank and stays that way until I move the cursor.

As an old Product Manager and Developer I just can't help myself. I do this for all products that I like.

...Bob

You can change the display of the signal strength graph using the Configuration menu -> Signal Strength Graph option.

For the graph not bring redrawn, we haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour, which version & build of WirelessMon are you using and what version of Windows is it running on?

We'll keep the other suggestions in mind as we are currently working on a new release that should be ready early in the new year.

Comment

SS Graph

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      You can change the display of the signal strength graph using the Configuration menu -> Signal Strength Graph option.
      That's true and I have done that. However, the only options are Radar and the triangles, left, right, and center. All have horizontal bars. I'm looking for "bottom triangle", vertical bars, with SS increasing from left to right.

Thanks... Bob

Comment

Graph not redrawn

For the graph not bring redrawn, we haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour, which version & build of WirelessMon are you using and what version of Windows is it running on?
        Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
        WirelessMon 3.1, build 1005
        I can make it happen every time and have a screen shot if you'd like it.

Thanks for your fast responses. I love vendors like PassMark and try to buy from you when I need something.

....Bob

Comment

Graph not redrawn not a big deal

This is NOT a big deal for me. I just thought you might like to know.

...Bob

Comment

Ok i understand about the missing graph option now for the left to right strength, we'll look at adding this to the new version.

If you could send us a screenshot that would be great, our email details are on this page. If it's something we can easily reproduce we should be able to fix it and we'd certainly like to remove any behaviour quirks like this.

Comment

Thanks for the improvements in v4.0

Thanks for the changes made.

KUDOS!

Comment

Working...
              X