Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSSI Timestamp

Hi,

The timestamp recorded in the log file is referring to what actually? the time the RSSI value is recorded in database or the time the RSSI value is displayed on the real-time graph?

The time stamp at the start of a line in the log file is when the entry was recorded, this should follow when the graph updates as both actions are triggered by the sampling rate set in the general options.

In the Access point log there are two additional time stamps representing when the access point was first recorded in WirelessMon as being available and when it was last seen.

Comment

Sampling rate and delay

Thank you Tim, I have further question about the sampling rate and the delay. Please correct me if i'm wrong, based on my understanding, the sampling rate is how many times the RSSI values are read from the network card and the delay basically the period of averaging the RSSI values.

Originally posted by TimR View Post
      The time stamp at the start of a line in the log file is when the entry was recorded, this should follow when the graph updates as both actions are triggered by the sampling rate set in the general options.

In the Access point log there are two additional time stamps representing when the access point was first recorded in WirelessMon as being available and when it was last seen.

Comment

To paraphrase the WirelessMon help;
        Sampling rate determines how often the Wireless card will be interrogated to return the current available networks.

The Delay field represents the number of milliseconds WirelessMon waits between sending the query for the available access points to the network card and reading the results.
        I believe the delay field may only be utilised when using Windows XP and was added in response to some network cards in XP being very slow to return the available networks.

Comment

Working...
        X